Factory Head Unit Wiring on GTS 2k???

cirus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to be replacing the factory alpine head unit and factory amp on my 2000 GTS this weekend ... does anyone know which wires are what behind the radio?

I have not removed it yet... are the wires labeled on the back of the radio?

I saw a post on a 96 rt10 is it the same wiring?

I am mainly looking for the iginition wire, battery wire, ground, and dimmer wire?

Thanks in advacne for the help.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The factory alpine wireing harness will work with any aftermarket alpine, although this is just for power/ground/remote on.

There is a large mulit-pin cable that sends signal to the amp in the back of the car which drives the speakers.

I just re-did the whole thing. The back of the amp that is in the trunk has a diagram of what cable is which.

I bought an 4 channel alpine V-drive amp with cross over that fits into the factory location with no modification. I ran 2 sets of RCA cables to the amp from the output on the head unit. The factory power/remote on/ground that was used on the factory amp (in the back) can be used on the aftermarket amp. Same is true with the speaker wires that go to the factory amp. I spliced them and ran them to the new amp. I ditched the useless rear speakers in lieu of a sub.

I think pretty much all alpine dealers carry the V drive series. I think the amp was like $230 and the head was about $250 the eclipse speakers were $199. I removed the rear factory speakers alltogether. They are useless. But the amp I have fits perfectly and has a built in sub woofer crossover and mid/high crossover. The new head unit has subwoofer output so you can tweek the crossover frequency there too.

How does it compare to stock? Like am radio to Compact disks.

Head is ALPINE CDE7858
You must be registered for see images

Amp is MRP-F200
You must be registered for see images

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
C

cirus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is correct on the 2000 GTS?

Pink is input power for radio memory. always hot,
Orange goes to panel lamps and dimmer switch,
Black and yellow go to park lamp switch output,
Dark green and red wire output power to antenna amplifier,
RED/WHT supplies "switched" power (radio works in the "On" or "ACC" position.
Black is ground.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just emailed you Eric. You know... I just saw that you had a 2000. If you have the single amp in the back on the drivers side and there is a cable plugged into it that looks like a CD changer control that is running from your headunit its probably the same as the 2001. If my instructions/details seems like the make sense once you start tearing into your system than they are the same setup. If not . . . well you get the picture. At least you are now educated on the proper wiring of a 2001 GTS stereo.
TAKE CARE!

Keith