Factory Visit

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to be in Detroit the week of the 7th and would like to go to the plant. It would be cool if mine was being worked on while I was there, it's been in trim for about 3 or 4 weeks now.

Who would I contact? Any info is appreciated.

Van

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Van,

You'll have to coordinate this through your dealership. Hopefully they are Conner Avenue savvy, and know how to get things done for you. As far as I know, I've not seen any public scheduled plant tours at CAAP. Only a small handful of us Gen V owners have gotten to go there.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at doing that and asked Dick Winkles and Herb. No private tours. I would try...

OP
OP
C

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys. I am trying and appreciate all the behind the seen help going on to make this happen.

OP
OP
C

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, just got the word, no go. But looks like I might get to go to Prefix and see the paint operation.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Prefix will be a good time and you will be favorably impressed.

Getting to go to the Plant on an individual basis has always been virtually impossible , as the concern about commercial intelligence leaks is inevitable ( as they have happened way too much in the past). The Plant gets daily requests, and it is impossible to screen all the folks wanting to stop in, plus they would need to hire full time personnel just to do the tours. With different projects going on , often secret, to find times when one could go through, or when workers can be advised of visitors , becomes a logistics issue.

The Plant has been very good over the years letting in groups from various Viper Clubs and Dealer Groups, but they are all scheduled and the Plant will often have areas shuttered off prior to the tours.

OP
OP
C

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Bill,
my new plan is to just show up and try to apply for a job, should at least get me in the door..don't ya think? :rolaugh: