Fan Mystery

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive had a problem with my fan not coming on and my car getting hot. I got to messing around today and found that if i pull the asd fuse thats on the right side of the fan fuse the fan will come on and work fine. This is with the key on and temps up around 190. If i put the fuse for the asd back in itturns off. Any ideas what i can do to fix this issue and whats causing it? Thanks in advance.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are relays in the fuse panel under the hood. Most all of them have the same part number. Simply swap out a relay from the fan socket with one of the others and you will most likely get the fan to work.

The fan relay obviously gets used alot. the components get worn internally in the relay and cause it to go intermittent. The good thing is that they are a common MOPAR part and are cheap at the dealership.

Steve A.

OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I don't have anything on my car anymore. Just got done pulling the mad bap yesterday and have recently taken the roe blower off that I had on. It is all back to stock now and am just trying to get this sorted out so Ill be able to drive when the weather gets a little better. Thanks for the advice. I've tried changing the relays with no change. But I'll try again just to make sure.

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW, I had a failure with my factory 30a relays as well. I did some research and found Bosch makes an identical five terminal relay, but with a heavy duty 50a rating. I picked up a couple and they really weren't any more expensive than the factory relays. I've had no problems since. I think Tyco also makes a 40a relay that will also work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc