Fat Alberts in Phoenix Arizona

Eliminator

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to get my 1997 GTS Viper repainted in some areas and wanted to know good or bad if anyone has had any experience with Fat Alberts. They seemed very good at what they do and I really liked Albert and Jim. I want it done correctly and on time. Sorry for being a little long winded, but this is my first post and I want to get right. Thanks.

Allan. :D

RonC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair, honest. Used by many in AZ. Albert has a complete shop dedicated to the viper business. Car is not stored outside but inside.

Ron

OP
OP
E

Eliminator

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's it. Boy, I thought I would get more replies than this. Thank you, but please keep them coming.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My turn to drop in a reply. In 1999 I stayed at the Phoencian(a five star hotel) in Phoenix and the valet put the car I then owned(97 GTS) into a wall and did $25,000 in damage. The hotel paid the repair and Fat Alberts did the work. The front frame was bent and they replaced the whole front end. All I can say is they did a great job. Take a look at the competition coupe section and see pictures of Frank Praise(sp) car which was prepped and painted by Fats.

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen plenty of Albert's work on the race Vipers. He will do the best job possible for you but don't push him for time! I'm sure he will give you a fairly accurate time estimate but you don't want your job rushed, Do you?
Dan

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Hey Hey!! lol I've NEVER had a body shop complete a job for me "when promised". I just take what they tell me and double it. Good rule of thumb.

OP
OP
E

Eliminator

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean BigCarrot. I just dont want to be quoted two weeks and then wait six weeks for it to be done. If it's a week to ten late, I can live with that. Again, please keep them coming guy's. Thanks.

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Fat Albert does the best Viper paint and body work I've ever seen. He will only do it the right way, there's no in-between. If you want it done quickly or inexpensive, go somewhere else. If you're patient, want it done right, and you're willing to pay for the best work, then he's the man.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eliminator, how many positive responses do you need about this guy? That's five excellent recommendations! How many do you want to keep coming? Heck, I'd let the guy paint my car based on that!

RonC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Frank. Keep them Coming. Thats what I want to hear.

Sigh...

Ok, some specific. I have a gen I car with sidepipes. When I received a set of side sills to replace the originals (originals have the bi-metal corrosion), Fed-Ex dented one of them. Alberts shop did the fix, but did it much faster than they promised. Since I live two hours away, I asked my father in law to pick up the part for me. He shows up to pick the part up....OOOPS, I forgot the send payment! Most shops would say too bad, come back later with the check, the part stays here. Albert's let the part go, I appologized profusely and sent them the check immediately. Side sill looks great. Of course they know where I live... :)

Ron

OP
OP
E

Eliminator

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigCorrarrot. I have been burned before and I am just trying to be extra careful before I make a decision. Sometimes the bad comments might wait awhile before they come out. Again, just being careful. Better to be safe then sorry. Five is good, but it's not like the threads been going on for a month or anything.

OP
OP
E

Eliminator

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like next week they will get my Viper to be paited. Has anyony one ever had black pitted looking areas in the tail area of their Viper? I trid almost everything to remove it with no luck. I wonder if I will have to repaint that to.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960