Father Viper Meet up...RARE Opportunity!!!!!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow Viper Owners!

Meet one of the original father of the Viper. THIS SUNDAY you can meet one of the members from Team Viper…the original Team Viper!!!

IF you don’t know who he is…then you can see one of many articles written on him here… Roy 'Father Viper' Sjoberg Is Car Show Guest of Honor | www.stignacenews.com | St. Ignace News

Bring your signing sharpie, camera and your Viper history questions and get ready for some untold Viper stories that you can’t find in any books.

This meet up is only for registered VCA members. This opportunity alone combined with any single part of the round up would more than pay for your membership…what is there to even think about??? Jhttp://www.viperclub.org/regions/vcamembershipapplication.pdf

Local club isn't local to you? Don't sweat it. Even if you never attend a single event, you get plenty of great benefits such as:
  • VIPER magazine subscription - a greatly glossy magazine published quarterly
  • VCA Notes - the club newsletter with lots of great info, also quarterly
  • Eligibility to enter the VCA raffles, featuring some spectacular Vipers that you can win
  • $1,000,000 liability insurance at official VCA events
  • Access to exclusive VCA merchandise, apparel, and much more
  • Exclusive offers such as our Monroney window sticker replacement program
  • Great discounts from supporting vendors like Woodhouse Dodge, Viper Days, and many, many more
  • Liaison to the manufacturer for outstanding support and information
  • The very latest Viper news from SRT
  • And much, much more!
Hope you can make it out!!!

Please email me if you are a current registered member as right now I only show registrants through December…I will get a new list tomorrow from headquarters on processed applications as well.

Ryan Fox

[email protected]

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tips for a Roy Sjoberg Meeting: (SHOW-berg)

1) Remember that Roy began his career working with Zora !!!! 100% FACT. You will have to keep the vette owners at bay if they know Roy is coming.

2) Got any old Viper-Quarterlies from Gen 1 layin around? Get Roy to autograph em...he's in a bunch, look ahead of time. Got a Gen 1 car? Bring a SUN VISOR for Roy to autograph.

3) He 'probably' will have some of his concept-posters with him.....bring your checkbook, all funds paid to VCA. (Thanks Roy)
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh yeah...this is a great oppurtunity! Most folks don't understand just how fortunate of an oppurtunity this is...

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL... I'll have him sign my front plate (never mounted). The plate signing is sort of a tradition with me. Mr. "K" the "Father of the Z Car" signed the FLYIN Z's plate, so it's only fitting that "Father Viper" sign the TX ASP's plate! :)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Phil! You are one dedicated dude!;) Posting WHILE at a VCA event!:lmao:

So, who has pics for those of us that could not make it?:D

Robert

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really cool to hear Roy's stories of Viper development. Developed on a shoestring budget and then cobbled together. Amazing that such an awesome car was put together. Particularly, unreal putting what has become one of the most capable supercars in the world on a $50 million budget -- development of most other supercars is multiple billions.

Cracked me up when he referred to the sound of the Viper on the track as the "UPS delivery truck."

Here's 12-13 of the progeny (including a Prowler):

Attachments

• aus-vip0209.jpg
    aus-vip0209.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing! We had SIX Vipers from San Antonio and ONE from Boerne! About 50% of the Vipers up in Austin today were from the SA area! Wow, pretty soon we'll have to host one of the monthly South Texas VCA meets here in San Antonio. :):):)

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still get a kick out of the official part designation for the Gen I rag top -- "shipping cover"!
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

That was the best for me...I mean wow...people complain about the top...but in the beginning we almost even didn't get what we had! wow!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960