Ferrari owners...what's up with them?

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Ferrari owners...what\'s up with them?

not all are like that.you just ran into a bunch of dorks
:rolleyes:

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You meet all types of people like that in every group. I remember pulling up to a guy in a Diablo SV, while we were in a Diablo SV, and he wouldnt even look over at us.

I have found most Fcar owners, are more of a wine and cheese crowd. Boring. Thats why id drive the Lambo to Fcar meets, just to piss them off.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is the same thing the Mustang guys say about the Vette guys and the same thing the Vette guys say about the Viper guys. There are A-holes in every bunch. I try to aknowledge everyone who has a nice ride. If they give me some back, fine ... if not, I usually get over it fairly quickly. ;)

Frank Barefield

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Since most people do not see Vipers very often in Birmingham, I feel it is my duty to wave and be friendly every chance I get. I've even pulled over to the side of the road so someone could look at the car. I want people to get the impression that a Viper owner is as nice as you can get and is not stuck up just because he is able to drive such a great looking car.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It might not be the norm, but I've ran into a black 328 on the highway, and saw a bright yellow 550/575 coming in the opposite direction. The 328 owner gave me a big thumbs up, and the 575 guy a wave...so I'm sure there is still a handful of Ferrari owners who are truly car guys and appreciate all nice vehicles.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Since most people do not see Vipers very often in Birmingham, I feel it is my duty to wave and be friendly every chance I get. I've even pulled over to the side of the road so someone could look at the car. I want people to get the impression that a Viper owner is as nice as you can get and is not stuck up just because he is able to drive such a great looking car.

Hey Frank,

You better not have that ACR seatbelt on when you pull over for those admirers...they are going to think you are rude because you won't be able to get out of the car or figure how to get out of those seat belts! LOL!!

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well I did see a silver Gen2 Viper roadster today. I think that's like 3 or 4 Vipers I've seen all summer... Most of them on that same stretch of (Dixie) highway.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How many 360's have you seen? There are very few around where I live and the few I have waved at have at least given a smile back. I wouldn't have thought the guy was a snob, perhaps he was just paying attention to driving. Don't you get tired of waving to everyone who yells or waves at you in your Viper? Heck, if I waved back at everyone who waves, I would be getting into accidents all the time. Just some input from a fellow Viper and new Ferrari owner. :D

I would have to agree. I do not get to waive at everyone either. The Ferrari crew I usually hang out with is pretty laid back. I hang out with them just about every weekend and I can not complain about one of them. Just a nice bunch of guys that LOVE driving their cars. Being snobby never gets you anywhere.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

most exotic car owners will try and act like they do not notice me because they are scared that i will try and get them to race me and then i will smoke the crap out of them in front of their girlfriend and they will be demoralized. :p

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

most exotic car owners will try and act like they do not notice me because they are scared that i will try and get them to race me and then i will smoke the crap out of them in front of their girlfriend and they will be demoralized. :p

Demoralized! heh heh! :)

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

When I get my Ferrari, I promise to wave at you guys.

How about instead of a wave, just let me drive it. I promise when I get my Enzo, I will let you drive it. LOL!

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just met an older man that ownes 2 308's a very nice person. If I did not know that he had those cars befor we met you could not tell with his manner. He loved my GTS and I would have loved to let him drive it but on the way over to his place it started to rain. Not great weather conditions for the first drive in the beast.