Finally picked up a Viper!

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I traded in my 07 Corvette for an 06 coupe (#116) yesterday. The car is just as amazing as I had imagined (apart from the stupid window indexing). Here are some pictures:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
D

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I've already put over 300 miles on it since yesterday morning. I had the Vette for 2 years and never had as much attention (or haters) as I have the last two days.

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice ride .. just got my first one a week ago.. being a lowly truck mechanic I'm sorta relegated to an old school viper but I love it anyways. Lifelong dream car... check!

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey JMCH don't belittle your lowly early viper I wonder if in the future if those are gonna be worth the most as in most classic cars happens. Regardless of that its still a viper !

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks oilman.. no belittling of any viper from me .. this was the year (94) I fell in love with as a kid.. so I got this one with 14k on it and am honored to own it.. its
seriously my dream ride. Just took me 18 years to do it... haha

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First one that I saw and knew I had to get one was a 97 gts blue w/white stripes that was 12 years ago but that feeling never went away. I Bought 2001 rt saphire two months ago figuring the convert. Would be more fun.

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I honestly like the looks of the hardtop better oilman.. but being 6'6" I went with the rt as well .. I don't think I could see a stop light in a hardtop .. and your right. The whole no top thing is awesome on a nice day.. unfortunately my first drive was 4 hours back through Chicago traffic in the rain... not as awesome..

OP
OP
D

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First one that I saw and knew I had to get one was a 97 gts blue w/white stripes that was 12 years ago but that feeling never went away. I Bought 2001 rt saphire two months ago figuring the convert. Would be more fun.

That's what made me want one! I've always loved the blue with white stripes. I was actually looking at a '97 before this one appeared. It was too good (price and distance) to pass up.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats to you both and JMCH there is a seat lowering kit for your car that will make it even more comfortable for a guy like you. Call me if you need any information.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang