FIRST ENCOUNTER Z06 MEETS MY VIPER (PICS)

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do agree DC seems to be too comfortable and should be taking a more aggresive aproach to the new Vette.
Everyone seems to think that DC is just ignoring the Vette... Perhaps so, but, I'm surprised in those that seem to think so with such confidence. Why do you feel DC is ignoring the challenge? Why do you think you would know otherwise? :cool:

It would probably not be a good business decision for DC to tell you otherwise (at least too far in advance), as sales of current Vipers could be reduced in anticipation of whatever new higher horsepower model may be coming. The Nevada club newsletter (Oct/Nov/Dec 2005) had an article about a rumoured upcoming Gen IV Viper with 700 Hp powered by an 8.4 liter V10 for production year '08, and that there will not be an '07 Viper. Perhaps completely unsubstantiated and untrue rumours, but they are at least as valid as the rumours that DC is doing nothing.

Good reply

PowerKraus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I screwed up with those numbers on the Z06. Don't know where the heck I came up with those....

The real numbers w/cam and headers w/o a tune (software pending) are 547RWHP and 506 RWTQ. Stock the same car put down 443RWHP. Just wanted to correct the mistake.....

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I screwed up with those numbers on the Z06. Don't know where the heck I came up with those....

The real numbers w/cam and headers w/o a tune (software pending) are 547RWHP and 506 RWTQ. Stock the same car put down 443RWHP. Just wanted to correct the mistake.....

Sorry, still not buying a 104 RWHP gain w/ only a cam/headers and no tune. :p