First post: frequent visitor

MOUNTAINWOLF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have decided to introduce myself, instead of continuing to simply enjoy everyone elses viper discussions (this is a great forum) My name is Dave, user-name MOUNTAINWOLF, as I live in Blue Ridge, GA. (southern tip of the Blue Ridge mountains) Current rides are 02 Z06, 91 300ZXTT, Toyota Tacoma p/u, looking to buy a yellow (no stripes) 00-01 GTS in great condition which seems to be very hard to find. Been watching VCA classifieds for a few months, as well as Auto Trader, & just cannot seem to find plain yellow GTS's. I also have considered black (all time favorite) but my Z06 is black & I would like to have a car that I do not have to wash after every drive. If anyone here has any leads, please let me know, (yes I do plan to call Bill P.) I think the Gen II viper is one of the coolest/meanest-looking autos I have ever seen (never driven one yet), and though I do not need it, I just can't seem to get the idea of owning one off of my mind, so I guess it's something I should experience. Maybe I can meet some of you local (GA,TN) guys some time.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome. last i checked a local dealership here had two yellow and were looking to drop em at close to invoice. that was around march this year though. call em 330-726-2227

S

SUN RA KAT

Howdy! The Yellow Vipers got the strongest engines - good choice!

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fitzgerald Motorsports is advertising a 2001 Yellow GTS with 1068 miles on it. Phone # 1-800-Viper-15 / If your interested. Good luck!

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are really interested in a yellow w/ zero stripes contact Preshant (Houston area Viper Pres) or RSI in Houston. They currently have a very low mileage like new and better.
Have fun

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found mine on EBAY. I also was looking for a specific optioned car (wanted an ACR without comf/conv group). The auction ended without his reserve being met we struck a great deal for me. I got it for under invoice and because it was never titled I also got the 7/70 warranty. Keep looking these guys will help you get it. Good luck.

P.S. SUN RA KAT is right..something about the yellow paint. Lower wind resistance or something. Definitely faster.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,
Welcome aboard. Keep watching the VCA Classifieds. That's what I did and I found exactly what I was looking for. Bill P or the Wizard may find it faster. Good luck
cool.gif

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the Yellow if that's your thing, but don't let it fool ya:

You'll be washing any color every time you wash it, the front rims turn black if you drive it like it should be, and the rear fascia turns black from exhaust soot!!

That in turn gets you into the mod scene, nothing a little EBC, and 3" Corsa can't fix. Maybe a little Roe SC.......

Welcome to the ViperCult, now go buy one!!

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MOUNTAINWOLF,

you wont find any yellow 00 model year vipers.. yellow is a 01 and 02 color only.. and black was only available in 99 and 00.. saphire is a gorgeous color as well, but then you are limited to only 01 models...

good luck!

- eddie -

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddie N:
saphire is a gorgeous color as well,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, Eddie, my man, you said that so well....

Mmmmmmm, Saphire, baby!

laugh.gif

Welcome MOUNTAINWOLF!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
If you like the Yellow I think Socrates has his up for sale. As for washing I can't think of any Viper colour that won't show signs of dirt immediately except maybe red and graphite ('coarse I've never seen dirty vipers, only dirty owners.
smile.gif
)

Anyway, welcome to the board Dave. Do yourself a favor though, forget you have that Z0S...er...P06...um...Z-oh-6 thingy and you'll do fine here...

BjB

OP
OP
M

MOUNTAINWOLF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys are cool, thanks for the welcomes/replies. I have always been a little reluctant to buy a used car from a dealer just because I do not know how it has been treated. I like the idea of someone telling me how well they have taken care of this car first-hand. I want to know if it has been broken in correctly and not abused. Colors... man I have really battled with this one. My first idea was to have a black w/ yellow stripes (have the stripes added to a black or changed on a black w/silver) I just thought that would be the coolest, until I saw a pic of that color scheme (car was in Vegas, for sale) & then I wasn't sure if I liked it. So, I'm still between solid black or solid yellow. I have not seen in person yellow w/black (maybe I like it, or maybe it is too much, too radical). Haven't seen saphire in person, looks pretty cool, almost black. My mind keeps going back to yellow. Anyhoo, I want a very nice used low miles (screw sales tax, lux tax, etc.) that someone has already broken in and maybe added some cool mods to, yea, that would be cool: better than new. Thanks again guys, and yes I am ready to buy. ps. I would love to throw a 300ZXTT in on the deal.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
http://www.vipers4sale.com

Marv Rose checks out the cars very well

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Marv S on 10-15-2002 at 08:21 AM</font>

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome. Take your time and you WILL find the right car!!! Remember, after buying your Viper, it's time to join the VCA!!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bonkers:

Do yourself a favor though, forget you have that Z0S...er...P06...um...Z-oh-6 thingy and you'll do fine here...

BjB

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
rolleyes.gif

Bonkers, take a look at your sig, come on man...
96 Impala SS
93 del Sol Si
88 Jeep Comanche (Gracie)
laugh.gif

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by agentf1:
Bonkers, take a look at your sig, come on man...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I know, I've been meaning to update that, but haven't had the time...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te