Fluidine Radiator fan

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a new Fluidine radiator that I'm going to be installing in my 2000 R/T10 and the guy that I bought the radiator from said that he had modified the fan to fit the radiator, and would sell me the modified fan (mine was broken).

But he has not replied to my e-mails for the past month and I'm looking to see what the options are for setting up a new fan, or modifying a stock fan to fit the new radiator.

Are there aftermarket fans that are better for this kind of installation?

-Dean.

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 97 GTS. A year ago, I upgraded the fan to the new 99 model (same as your 2000). A month ago, I decided to add the Fluidyne radiator. I took a bunch of pictures, because we found out that you have to modify the fan to fit. The Fluidyne is deeper than the stock radiator, and the input and output tubes on the Fluidyne do not fit around the stock 99+ fan shroud. We had to grind down the edges of the fan housing to make it fit around the input/output tubes of the Fluidyne. It just takes a little time and a grinder or Dremel. Also, because the Fluidyne was so much deeper, we couldn't get the stock airbox back on. I had to go to some cone filters. I'll try to dig up the pictures and put them up so you can see what I'm talking about.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend Anthony just got that for his Viper too. What's the deal w/ this radiator vs. the factory one? Why th upgrade?
confused.gif

OP
OP
S

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great detailed pics Jay! Thanks.
The only thing that bothers me is the airbox. I have an Archer Racing airbox with K&N filters and smooth tubes, and I would hate to lose that setup to accomdate the Fluidine radiator.
Maybe I can adapt something to make it fit.

-Dean.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have installed the Fluidyne radiator on several 99+ Vipers and still retain the stock air box setup. It requires modifying the fan shroud, using some heat to reshape the bottom of the box, and some extra covering. Works great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfal0003