For people who have a Paxton installed from Velocity motorsports...

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Namely Carrot and Armorgod,
I see they have a package on their website for 8,300 which includes a polished unit, NEW fuel injectors, and tuning. Is this the same setup you guys got? Did you guys replace the stock injectors? If so, how does the car run after the new injectors?
I am wondering because i think i will have to have my car trailored to Dallas in a few months so I can get my blower installed. For 8 large, with tuning and new injectors it seems like a good deal. One thing however, they claim it makes 800 crank horsepower. This is definitely treading on shallow water. Im not sure the Gen III motor stock can handle such a high hp application. Would forged pistons be required for a 300 hp increase from stock?
Anyways, im looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this topic.
regards

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its prolly a guestamate at flywheel hp. the stock paxton on a stock motor should be fine, if you want to go boost wild then you need to open the motor

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hi-jack this tread but if I buy a Paxton kit and just get a mechanic from around here to bolt it on will I run into any problems with it? Like does the car need to be tuned?? I only have high flow cats and a corsa track exhaust done to it and the K&N's would have to go anyways. I was thinking I would be fine without upgrading injectors, pistons, etc.

viperkraz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carrot's car did 720's rwhp with fuel and timing tuning plus Velocity exaust system. For crank hp, do the math. That car is f-ng fast and sounds great. I just happen to be there when they did the tuning.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're fine with that hp on the stock motor. 700rwhp seems to be the magic number that you want to try to stay around. I think mine made 720 at the tires. My car runs great! That IS a good deal!

OP
OP
F

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're fine with that hp on the stock motor. 700rwhp seems to be the magic number that you want to try to stay around. I think mine made 720 at the tires. My car runs great! That IS a good deal!

wow! price went up on the webpage today..shows 8,999.99 for the same package with a satin unit....I guess they made a mistake? ouch..

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

wow! price went up on the webpage today..shows 8,999.99 for the same package with a satin unit....I guess they made a mistake? ouch..

Call them and tell them what happened. They will make it right.