For potential used viper buyers

Acatala7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the may issue of Road and Track there is a great piece on buying used vipers, including what to look for, maintenance costs etc.. well worth it. Besides just before it is the cover article on the 2003 Viper.

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Acatala7,
Was back in your neck of the woods last week, got a ride in an old friend's ZO6 at the same time. It was a blast, great car for the money. He is a little bit afraid of it yet, lives in Cumberland. You wouldn't be Tony Catalano by any chance would you? Drop me an e-mail at [email protected] if you are, or even if you aren't. My friend Bob needs another high performance car to cruise Cumberland and the surrounding territory with. He's got to learn how to drive that car better, so he can enjoy it more.
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Reaction score
It IS a good article, and I should've trusted my gut instinct and gotten my 94 RT/10 checked out BEFORE I bought it; chances are the mechanic would have seen the problem with the water pump and temp guage...the problem that cost me a new water pump 10 days after I bought it! ...my fault, though.

Today I followed the advice of the article and most all of the preventive maint. done (lubes, trans. fluid flush, pwer steer. flush, clutch flush, Oil/filter, chassis, brake fluid flush and brake check, etc., etc.)

Rollo

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay & Dan nailed it!!! I've had all those points addressed on my original owner, ****** Viper. We can expect substantial clutch ware & possible replacement at 20Kmi. <FONT size="4">WOW,</FONT s> What are we doing to our cars? Is there a way to extend the life of the clutch? I'm I not using the clutch right? When I have to replace my clutch is their a "better than stock" to replace it with?

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 45K miles on my clutch and it was still working fine. I replaced it because it was pretty worn. A lot of these miles are easy, highway miles, but its not like I baby my car all the time.