Forget the Coupe, Give me the Carbon Convertible

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the talk about the new coupe. Yaaawwwn! Boring. It's not very attractive. It doesn't feature any drivetrain upgrades. It's got a coupe top. Wow! It's still boring. If I wanted a Viper coupe, I would just go buy a GTS, one of the most beautiful and exciting cars ever made. Sorry, but the new coupe is a step backward from the GTS,and not even in the same league as the Ford GT. If they can't come up with something that is at least as good looking as the Comp Coupe, and with a drivetrain boost, then it's a waste of energy as far as I'm concerned.

Give us the carbon ACR convertible concept car! Lighter weight, 625 horsepower, high performance. THERE is a car worth getting excited over. I'm ready to buy that car today.

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll second that thought. I would stand in line to give Dodge a check for the carbon ACR SRT10, bring it on!

eagles

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto! make that car and put the CC wing and splitter on it, and DON'T stip it of all those cool carbon bits, oh and add a REAL rollbar.

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard rumors months before VOI that the SRT10 carbon was going to be made in limited numbers. I wasn't at VOI, but haven't heard anything about it coming out so far.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figure that the SRT-10 Coupe had the stock engine because PVO doesn't want to show their hand yet on the power side.

The C6 Z06 Corvette will have an impressive combination of 3100lbs and 500HP, and it will be shown in January of next year as a finished car. I think that that same North American International Auto Show where DC will reveal the actual power output of the SRT-10 Coupe, which hopefully will be between 575HP and 625HP.

When they showed the Carbon SRT-10 Viper, the placard by the car called it the "ACR", and at the show they said that (depending on people's reaction to the car) they would offer some of the parts on future Vipers.

So I'm expecting to see a carbon fiber body panel ACR version of the Viper available shortly after the SRT-10 Coupe is finally revealed early next year (hopefully at the same time). And hopefully they will offer the ACR package for the convertible as well this time.

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to think that DC knows that they have to up the HP and will do that when the time comes. I agree with everyone about regarding the looks. Give me the CC look or a carbon SRT with huge HP.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Said Kai SRT10:

All the talk about the new coupe. Yaaawwwn! Boring. It's not very attractive. It doesn't feature any drivetrain upgrades. It's got a coupe top. Wow! It's still boring. If I wanted a Viper coupe, I would just go buy a GTS, one of the most beautiful and exciting cars ever made. Sorry, but the new coupe is a step backward from the GTS,and not even in the same league as the Ford GT. If they can't come up with something that is at least as good looking as the Comp Coupe, and with a drivetrain boost, then it's a waste of energy as far as I'm concerned.

Give us the carbon ACR convertible concept car! Lighter weight, 625 horsepower, high performance. THERE is a car worth getting excited over. I'm ready to buy that car today.

Your post is beyond moronic and delving into a whole new realm of idiocy. Do you actually think before you hit submit? If the coupe is a step back from the GTS then *** is the SRT/10? A step in the right direction?!?!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King you missed his whole point. That is performance is most important.

"Give us the carbon ACR convertible concept car! Lighter weight, 625 horsepower, high performance."

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Your post is beyond moronic and delving into a whole new realm of idiocy. Do you actually think before you hit submit? If the coupe is a step back from the GTS then *** is the SRT/10? A step in the right direction?!?!

***? Kettle? Black?

The SRT-10 cant even be compared to a GTS in that way, seeing as IT ISNT EVEN A COUPE. If you READ his post before you jumped on him, you would see;

"Sorry, but the new coupe is a step backward from the GTS, and not even in the same league as the Ford GT."

DO YOU SEE ANY MENTION OF AN SRT-10, OR ANY CONVERTIBLE FOR THAT MATTER IN THAT SENTANCE?

As a person with customers on this forum, I stay out of these things 99.99% of the time- But what you said was not called for.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Said Biff:

***? Kettle? Black?

The SRT-10 cant even be compared to a GTS in that way, seeing as IT ISNT EVEN A COUPE. If you READ his post before you jumped on him, you would see;

"Sorry, but the new coupe is a step backward from the GTS, and not even in the same league as the Ford GT."

DO YOU SEE ANY MENTION OF AN SRT-10, OR ANY CONVERTIBLE FOR THAT MATTER IN THAT SENTANCE?

As a person with customers on this forum, I stay out of these things 99.99% of the time- But what you said was not called for.

I didn't mean to jump all over your boyfriend Biff. That was not my intent. That's cool that you felt it necessary to come to his aid though. That tells me that chivalry is not dead. In other words you couldn't have looked like a bigger homo with that last post sport.

I read your "mans" entire post. And I disagree with him. He stated nothing but opinions and I'm stating mine. We've always (primarily) had two platforms for the Viper. The RT/10 and the GTS. Now the RT/10 has been replaced with the SRT/10. And the GTS is soon to be replaced as well with the SRT Coupe. If "The SRT-10 cant even be compared to a GTS in that way, seeing as IT ISNT EVEN A COUPE" then would it be fair to compare the SRT/10 to the RT/10? Since one car did replace the other? Then do so with my analogy above. RT/10 owners could & have used that same anaolgy with the SRT/10. I use to as well. And I use to say that Dodge did a piss poor job in their "replacement." Primarily because of the way the SRT/10 looks. But over time I realized that it wasn't a fair comparison. That they're just 2 different cars. Period. The SRT is not the RT/10 and it never will be. Likewise the SRT Coupe is not the GTS and it never will be. They're 2 different cars. The GTS is the GTS. The RT/10 is the RT/10. The SRT/10 is the SRT/10. And the SRT Coupe is the SRT Coupe.

Are you following where I was trying to go now Biff? I for one appreciate what Dodge has done. And I appreciate the manner in which they presented it to us at VOI 8. I appreciate the fact that they listened to us over the years and gave us a Coupe. I appreciate the hard work they put in just to be able to debut "something" at VOI 8 for owners. And I applaud their efforts!

So when I see comments like:

"All the talk about the new coupe. Yaaawwwn! Boring. It's not very attractive. It doesn't feature any drivetrain upgrades. It's got a coupe top. Wow! It's still boring."

It irritates me and I'm going to comment. But if you would have simply shot me a PM and said, "Hey that's my boyfriend! Lay off!" Then I would have respected you and not said anything at all.

Also when I see comments like this:

"If I wanted a Viper coupe, I would just go buy a GTS, one of the most beautiful and exciting cars ever made."

I think: **** then and go buy a GTS. I've had 3 of them and they're great cars.

And when I see comments like:

"Sorry, but the new coupe is a step backward from the GTS,and not even in the same league as the Ford GT."

I think: Man would you just give DC a chance. They've given us a concept car and they're going to improve upon that before the car comes out. And how do you know the car we get won't be in the same league as the Ford GT?

Listen Biff. I'm sorry for coming on to strong with "your guy." I was simply giving my opinion like he gave his. If I would've known that you were waiting in the wings ready to bring the noise, AND GET ALL MAD, SHOUT, AND USE CAPS, then I would have never said a word.

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
come on now, take it easy on ol' Biff. i ask you to do so b/c i have a feeling in 3 or 4 posts he'll let us know how he is 20 and buys his own vipers. that will be followed by how Texas is a ****** location for VOI, and then a post defending his customer's opinions. wait, scratch that, he is batting .333. you see, the SRT guys are quick to say that the SRT Coupe is "boring" b/c they fear the economical effects of supply and demand. i know, it's a tough pill to swallow that the precious S2000 price will drop to a level, well, near the actual price for an authentic S2000. as far as looks go, i have a feeling if the srt coupe did look like the comp coupe other arguments would be made. for the record, the motor in the comp coupe isnt much different than the one in the SRT Coupe, and sure as hell isnt anywhere near 600+hp. do you notice that 99.99% (thanks for the stat Biff) of the complaints are from people who werent at VOI to see the car? i think it's time to get off DC's back and applaud them for even releasing a coupe in the first place. it sure as hell is better than the Stratamaro, and would be the flagship car in all of Dodge's history had the GTS never came out. let me try this yelling thing:

IF DODGE NEVER CAME OUT WITH THE GTS, THE SRT COUPE WOULD HAVE A 3 YEAR WAIT LIST!

as number 12 on the list for the new coupe, i know im nuts for putting my deposit down, i'd like to say that i think Dodge did great. there are a few minor things that need to be changed, but even if they arent, they did damn well.

OP
OP
Kai SRT10

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't know how to respond to your posts, King GTS. The faultless logic of your arguments and the class and eloquence which you exhibit in your posts just leaves me speechless.

Just for the record. In case anyone is confused about what I said:

I think the styling of the new coupe concept is not attractive.
I think the ACR carbon SRT-10 is a great car.
I think the styling of the GTS coupe is beautiful.
I think that Dodge should restyle the new coupe and bump up the power.
I think that Dodge should sell the ACR carbon SRT-10.

Kai

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
King;

I also vote for the SRT-Carbon. We already know that the SRT outperforms the GTS and RT-10 in every category, (except looks, which is a personal taste imho). Yes, I am aware that some GTs's have bettered SRT times on the drag-strip from posts I have read.

Your Avatar shows a picture of a GTS (as far as I can make out). Obviously, you have a real chip on your shoulder or you wouldn't feel the need to personally insult people who said nothin rude to you at all.

C'mon King, be civilized here. We are all Viper enthusiasts on this board.

My 2 cents.

Jim W

OP
OP
Kai SRT10

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would you PAY for the Carbon version? With all those toys you are going to be over $100,000. would you still want one?

I would pay over $100,000. $110,000 seems about right, assuming the car still has the Dodge warranty. I could probably go as high as $120,000. However I would not pay a nickle over MSRP. If Dodge dealers started jacking up the price, like Ford dealers are doing with the GT, then I would pass. That's why I own a 2004 SRT-10, not a 2003 SRT-10. I just could't stomach the crazy "market adjustment" mark-up dealers were asking for 2003 Vipers, so I just waited until the price became more reasonable.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King;

I also vote for the SRT-Carbon. We already know that the SRT outperforms the GTS and RT-10 in every category, (except looks, which is a personal taste imho). Yes, I am aware that some GTs's have bettered SRT times on the drag-strip from posts I have read.

Your Avatar shows a picture of a GTS (as far as I can make out). Obviously, you have a real chip on your shoulder or you wouldn't feel the need to personally insult people who said nothin rude to you at all.

C'mon King, be civilized here. We are all Viper enthusiasts on this board.

My 2 cents.

Jim W

Loosen up a bit guys. If it were up to me I would opt for a street legal CC but I guess you missed my meaning. I was honestly never trying to be rude to Kai. Now Final GTS...well you got me on that one. But even then I think I went easy on him because of where I was. Took me 5x longer to come up with that blast because the 1st 4 would've been gone for sure. Look, I lead the charge here years ago bashing the SRT/10. Ask anyone. ABSOLUTELY hated that car. But over time I fell in love with it and now own one. Turned out to be the best Viper I've ever had! 100 degree Texas heat, in traffic, and I'm still stuck on 200 degrees with freezing cold AC. That's unheard of! And I even think it looks better than the GTS. You would have never gotten me to say that way back when'. Wasn't gonna happen! The lesson I learned was, "Don't ever count out Dodge & Team SRT." Ever. There's a lot of Coupe bashing going on. And for every post they see bashing the Coupe, I'd like them to see posts of owners who appreciate their efforts, and Coupe as well.

That's all I'm saying man.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King, I had no clue that you moved into an SRT and hell yea I can swear you were a "ring leader" for the lynching of the new model. Glad to hear it impressed you!

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'm with ya on this. Check out the commercial that's coming out on Ford's website. I'm still a Viper fan and would like to have a design that we have already seen out there :eek: .

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King, I had no clue that you moved into an SRT and hell yea I can swear you were a "ring leader" for the lynching of the new model. Glad to hear it impressed you!

Yes sir! The SRT/10 really got me over time. I had to have it. And the rumor was that there was no way humanly possible that we were going to get a Coupe. And if there was a remote miracle, then it would be around 2007 or so. So I bought a 2004. Boy was everyone wrong. The SRT/10 is the best Viper I've ever had. Out performs my past GTS' on every single level! There is nothing about the GTS that I would rather have over my SRT/10. And that includes the look. Who would have thought huh? But our new Coupe? Now that's a whole different story. ;)

That car was just beyond incredible! IMHO.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yes sir! The SRT/10 really got me over time. I had to have it. And the rumor was that there was no way humanly possible that we were going to get a Coupe. And if there was a remote miracle, then it would be around 2007 or so. So I bought a 2004. Boy was everyone wrong. The SRT/10 is the best Viper I've ever had. Out performs my past GTS' on every single level! There is nothing about the GTS that I would rather have over my SRT/10. And that includes the look. Who would have thought huh? But our new Coupe? Now that's a whole different story. ;)

That car was just beyond incredible! IMHO.

Glad to hear another previous Gen owner/supporter super satisfied with their SRT-10! Those who don't have one in the stable are surely missing out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang