Friends Across the Sea

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to let you know that in the UK your brothers from across the sea are thinking of you, God Bless America.

And every person who lives in the Land of the Free.

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Many Thanks!
Props to Tony Blair for having the Ba11s to support us in public on the world scene. We (america) poke jabs at you Limys (term of endearment), but now more than ever we definitely "have your back" and really appreciate your support.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -RUNNR:
and as it seems, our only Ally.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would add our great friends the Canadians.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On 9/11 I read this board for hours and was touched by all the posts.

This thread stirred all those feelings again. Thanks Paul Lacey and ACR Joe it is MUCH appreciated.

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACR Joe:
I would add our great friends the Canadians.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, not to get "off-topic",but the Canadian Prime Minister's comments are guarded at most. I believe we have support from most of Canada, but their "official stance" is somewhat vague compared to the UK. Most of the Canadians I know love America, it's people and definitely support us and not just because "they better". However,I have some Canadian friends in Kitchener,ONT that think our foreign policy is a joke and that everytime the U.S. gets in a conflict that Canada shouldn't just "heel" at our side and send their "boys" overseas to possibly die.

I apologize for startin' $hit, but this hits a nerve with me because I have never thought of the Canadiennes (playful jab) as nothing but brothers and to know that there are some that think otherwise, especially close friends, bugs me.

Believe me, I know there are plenty of our own citizens that hate our country's foreign policy, but it's kind of like the "I can talk bad about my mom, but YOU better not" syndrome.

I believe the Canadians are truly our friends and a great ally. I also believe they will be there WITH us and not "heeled" at our side like a good assistant, when the chips are down. So the Canadians who support the U.S. should bang on their P.M. and demand a public show of full support for us in line with the U.K.

Let the volley begin. . .

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
venmous,
if I recall correctly the only guy on the news
off of direct TV (international news channel).
was a gentleman from the Canadian defense ministry saying that

"this warrants a tactic nuclear strike."

I respect him and his country more than you can image for being the only one to have guts to say what we all were thinking.

Thank you Canada as well!

JIM

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jim,
I don't want to stray from the topic of this very appreciative post.

For the record:
Many thanks to all of our real international allies for their thoughts and sympathies on this memorable day.

(my gripe about the Canadian P.M. was his comments on support of an Iraq invasion, not about the terrorist attacks - I'll save that for another thread)

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul:

Thanks and God Bless!

Actually, fellas, we have many supporters in the fight against terrorism. The Czech Republic, New Zealand, Australia, Italy, Portugal, and other nations continue to station troops in the Middle East and/or Afghanistan for this cause.

It is the proposed attack on Iraq that has drawn global concern in the interest of gathering more details before a pre-emptive strike is made.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,

Thanks, its nice to hear from our friends from the other side of the pond. <FONT size="5">
patriotx.gif
</FONT s>

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Brits and the Ams have a long and storied history since the war of 1812 ended of fighting tough side-by-side. Much of our heritage is White-Anglo-Saxon in nature (no offense to anyone else) in this country, and though the conquering of a continent hardened and changed the FLAVOR of our culture into something special and disticntly different, we still have the blood of Kings and knights running through our veins.

I still get tears in my eyes when I think of how we both fought like b*s*tArds at Market Garden and all the men the brits lost in the face of the tough German armored onslaught. We beat the German superman together in the west, and there will be a special bond between our nations forever because of it.

&lt;wiping tears away&gt;
God bless America, and God save the Queen.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul:
&gt;&gt;&gt;Actually, fellas, we have many supporters in the fight against terrorism. The Czech Republic, New Zealand, Australia, Italy, Portugal, and other nations continue to station troops in the Middle East and/or Afghanistan for this cause.&lt;&lt;&lt;

Don´t forget Germany. We have our troops in the Middle East/Afghanistan too. And don´t forget that the Germans still have really BIG problems with the roll as a "global player" concerning any military actions since WWII...
The German Constitution prohibits any military action outside Germany (except for UN actions).

&gt;&gt;&gt;It is the proposed attack on Iraq that has drawn global concern in the interest of gathering more details before a pre-emptive strike is made.&lt;&lt;&lt;
yesnod.gif

God bless America!

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MarkusReinhardt:

Don´t forget Germany.

God bless America!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Markus,
I work for a German company, Rhein Chemie Rheinau, based in Mannheim and have been there several times. Everytime myself or my colleagues are in Germany we are ALWAYS treated with respect and we have a lot of fun. I definitely feel a comraderie with the German people. Work hard; Play hard - that's my impression of the "average" German. Not to mention that some of the most beautiful women in the world are from Germany and god-bless 'em, every one !

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACR Joe:
I would add our great friends the Canadians.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Canada is another country? I thought we invaded them a couple of years back and took total control?... or did Walmart do that?

Thanks guys/gals, your proof positive Vipernation has no borders...

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank's Paul Lacey
U.S. foreign policy has always been heavy handed. The United Nations plee is an attempt to change this negative image.
My understanding is some U.S. allies are the problem.
First things first. Pakistan & Saudi Arabia have supported the Talibian.
Then Iraq.

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Markus:

Guten Tag! I never forget our friends in Deutschland. In fact, I am very proud of Gerhard Schroder for resolving to close any potential terrorist cells in your great nation.

The raids on Mosques throughout Munchen show that there is a serious effort to thwart the future growth of Muslim extremist organizations within your borders.

The Italian government has also heightened efforts to imprison suspected terrorists [recent captures in Sicily].

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..At a car show (Burlington ONT.,Canada) yesterday you would have been proud to watch the American Flag flying on almost every car at the car show. Fire fighters, and policemen saluting both flags when the national anthems were played,and then came a minute of silence for the victims of 911. It was a moment that almost brought tears to my eyes...we love you guys, and God bless.