From frame to it's here, it will be delivered tomorrow!!!

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Totally unexpected given all the delays but not complaining. The color is quite amazing, it seems to just glow. Will get it out and about his afternoon and see how she does. definitely needs to be drop at least an inch though, riding a little high for me. someone will be out with a spring set before too long. a lot of buttons, going to take a little time to get all the infotainment stuff figured out. too much typing and not enough driving, see ya

You must be registered for see images attach

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
beautiful car & lovely collection. Please do write a review when you have the opportunity. Enjoy!!

Reaction score
Beautiful Viper and collection for sure!

Mopar will have the spring set, but I don't see it lowering it an inch. The systems on the GTS will only allow so many changes before they think something is wrong. I would expect 1/2" - 3/4" drop with the Mopar springs. They will still make a noticeable change though as we have seen in the test cars with them. :2tu:

OP
OP
V

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just put 100 miles on the car. Some around town, some highway and some spirited country road. The car appearance is stunning. My wife is a Architect/designer loved the curves and said the front looks like a snake. She thought it was beautiful. It is quite tight and firm on the ride side. Messed with the traction control a bit, but definitely need to play with it a bit more. There is a coil over button in the center console and I'm not sure what it does. Amazingly, no operators manual came with the car, apparently you have to order it from SRT???? Not sure how to turn off all the TC stuff yet either. The car pulls very strong. My GenIII is heavily modified so I can't really compare to a stock Viper. I pushed the car fairly hard but not power shifting through all the gears yet. It holds the curve very well and i felt quite confident taking corners at a good high rate of speed. It set up well and stays nicely balance through the corner and comes out nicely too, a bit heavy out of the corner though.

There is a definite drone at 3,500 and higher. You don't notice it while puttying around town but when driving hard and staying in the upper limit of the RPM's it is very annoying, almost painful. It's not that its loud, just the wrong frequency. Believe me, I love exhaust tones but this is not the right kind of tone. Rolling down the windows helps a great deal, so it must be the resonance of the closed cockpit. A definite exhaust upgrade soon.

The pedals are very similar (if not identical) to the Gen III-IV. For the first half of the drive the pedals were too close. I reached down to adjust them but there was no button. i thought surely there must be a way to adjust. I almost got into an accident reaching around for the adjustment button. My knees were in my face and I was getting upset. I finally found the button on the column, ahhhhhh... This is were the manual would have been nice.

There was a surprise I found in the glove box. A power harness that plugs into the back of the rear view mirror for connecting a buzz fuster, so no having to run wires hither and thar. The interior is classic viper with nicer trimmings, it even smell just like older Vipers. It is snug and you feel a part of the machine. That is one unique feature of the Viper that I hear some complain about but to me it is trademark for the car. Taking it to a car show tonight, so it should be fun. 105 miles and counting

OP
OP
V

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We need pics of the rest of your collection as well!

Well this is really a thread about the GenV, don't want to hijack it. I can do a direct comparison between the GenV and the other cars after I drive the Viper a little more if you would like.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
My 2010 Viper coupe only had a CD disc as the owners manual. There was a way to get a hard copy of the owners manual which I did. Way too much hassle having to go to the computer to look something up in the CD disc. I'm sure that you can find a phone# to order a hard copy of the manual. Beautiful car--enjoy safely---Dave

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i had to call SRT to get the owners manual and it came in a few days. here's the number (855-778-8326).

also i don't if I just gotten use to it but my car sounded very loud the first couple of days driving it and i thought it was going to be unbareable but a couple days later the car seems much quitier.

PilotaX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice! Your garage reminds me a little of that old exotic car poster, "The Benefits of Higher Education," that got me through undergrad and grad school... only you choice of vehicles is far better!

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just put 100 miles on the car. Some around town, some highway and some spirited country road. The car appearance is stunning. My wife is a Architect/designer loved the curves and said the front looks like a snake. She thought it was beautiful. It is quite tight and firm on the ride side. Messed with the traction control a bit, but definitely need to play with it a bit more. There is a coil over button in the center console and I'm not sure what it does. Amazingly, no operators manual came with the car, apparently you have to order it from SRT???? Not sure how to turn off all the TC stuff yet either. The car pulls very strong. My GenIII is heavily modified so I can't really compare to a stock Viper. I pushed the car fairly hard but not power shifting through all the gears yet. It holds the curve very well and i felt quite confident taking corners at a good high rate of speed. It set up well and stays nicely balance through the corner and comes out nicely too, a bit heavy out of the corner though.

There is a definite drone at 3,500 and higher. You don't notice it while puttying around town but when driving hard and staying in the upper limit of the RPM's it is very annoying, almost painful. It's not that its loud, just the wrong frequency. Believe me, I love exhaust tones but this is not the right kind of tone. Rolling down the windows helps a great deal, so it must be the resonance of the closed cockpit. A definite exhaust upgrade soon.

The pedals are very similar (if not identical) to the Gen III-IV. For the first half of the drive the pedals were too close. I reached down to adjust them but there was no button. i thought surely there must be a way to adjust. I almost got into an accident reaching around for the adjustment button. My knees were in my face and I was getting upset. I finally found the button on the column, ahhhhhh... This is were the manual would have been nice.

There was a surprise I found in the glove box. A power harness that plugs into the back of the rear view mirror for connecting a buzz fuster, so no having to run wires hither and thar. The interior is classic viper with nicer trimmings, it even smell just like older Vipers. It is snug and you feel a part of the machine. That is one unique feature of the Viper that I hear some complain about but to me it is trademark for the car. Taking it to a car show tonight, so it should be fun. 105 miles and counting

I'm surprised an owners manual doesn't come with it. Looks like you can purchase one; but, I don't think the vendor is a sponsor so I am emailing you their link.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the newest toy! Nice collection of cars.

The pedal adjustment button is on the steering column, near the turn signal lever.

Tony

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Gary! looks great. Warehouse/garage looking nice too. Is that at the new house?
Too bad you couldn't make to the Dragon yesterday. We have 40+ cars here and a B/W Gen V from NC
So, when you planning on forcing some induction on it .....:D

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful car, and wow!! about the rest of the collection. Do you need to adopt a son?? I'm available! Seriously, enjoy it, and be safe.

OP
OP
V

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats Gary! looks great. Warehouse/garage looking nice too. Is that at the new house?
Too bad you couldn't make to the Dragon yesterday. We have 40+ cars here and a B/W Gen V from NC
So, when you planning on forcing some induction on it .....:D

Thanks, I wish I knew a little ahead of time the car was coming, but then again the surprise was nice too. The warehouse is just temporary till my new shop is finished. We are digging the foundation now. not planning on doing any mods right now. you know me, I love mods but i also have gotten a little tired of the reliability of mods too. For now, the GenV will be my daily driver. Have a great time at the Dragon's tail!!!!!

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let me get this right, 100+k car and no owners manual. You gotta be kidding....

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me get this right, 100+k car and no owners manual. You gotta be kidding....

Who knows what happened to the manual?.....sometimes things like that are swiped as souvenirs. My car had both the manual and the CD in the glovebox. Odds are it was in the glovebox when the Viper left CAAP....

Bill

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your new driver. I'm sure this is the best driving Viper ever, but I really don't get why they made the car so high? Is that really necessary for some reg or something? It seems one of the constant chants from owners long before it was built was to make it so you can lower the car.

Last edited:

Hemotoxic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Letting a car out of the dealer's door without all its documentation is crummy, and inexcusable, whether it's a $150k exotic or a $15k college car. Would you believe I've had since January a PDF download of the 2013 User Guide that I found somewhere online, probably at driveSRT. It's not all that complete, and says you need to see the DVD, but it might be very helpful. I'll be very glad to email it to you or attach it to a PM if possible.

OP
OP
V

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice! Your garage reminds me a little of that old exotic car poster, "The Benefits of Higher Education," that got me through undergrad and grad school... only you choice of vehicles is far better!

I remember that poster when I was in college too. My roommate had that above his bed. He would always talk about that being him some day, but he never got off his butt to do anything meanwhile I was working 2 jobs and had my own business on the side. I would add to that, "benefits of sacrificing and working your @#$&ing butt off". I think he is driving a Camry or something like that.

Now if the rain would stop, i can get out and drive!!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I picked my car up at the factory, I could see how the cars were prepped for dealers. The owners manual was packed in a sealed plastic bag with the floor mats. This was all in the trunk. If you car had the floor mats installed, then someone at the dealership had the manual.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a picture showing the contents of the sealed plastic bag. The yellow SOLD tag with the bar code and VIN is clearly visible through the plastic. Too much information, I know...

You don't actually get an "owner's manual". You get a "user guide" which has 120 pages. Maybe that is the reason for the confusion about the owner's manual? After listening to the introduction in the DVD for about a half hour, I am going to request the owner's manual be sent because I think the additional detail may be helpful.

Bill

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read the owner's manual on line some months ago. I remember there being a section about how to properly break in the car, which seemed pertinent. Certainly that should've come with the vehicle. I'd definitely bring it to your salesman's attention and request that all documents be sent overnight mail.

As for the higher education poster....Guilty! Had the old school one right above my bed in my dorm room freshman year of college. Living the dream rocks. Congrats again.

On the pedal adjustment, once the button is engaged, do they adjust electronically or is it more of a release wherein you then adjust manually? I'm just under 6' in height so I wonder if the forward setting or further back one is appropriate?

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

"Justification of a higher education" I had that one as well. lol

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the leather Viper book all the gen V owners were supposed to get.