Front Splitter for Gen II?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found this on the Vipair site (one on the left), nice splitter but its for a Gen III/IV. Wondered if someone makes something similar for a Gen II?

You must be registered for see images attach

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made my own. Laminated four layers of carbon fiber, McMaster Carr for some of the hardware and I made the rest.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipair makes the splitter for the GenII as well. Look in the GenII section on his site under Aero Splitter. He also had a thread here about it, new supplier section I believe, last year.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all, well except selling the car... :) Dave, I remember yours, nicely done. Steve, also looks.nice, any closeup shots?

I respect your abilities to make your own, however, not sure I could do the same.

Tony, the Gen II I saw on the site was not the same as tge one above for the Gen III/IV....but I'll look again.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autoform front splitter. Love it and it doesn't look...er...."home made"...

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm....which to choose...Autoform or a shopping cart full of parts from Home Depot...hmm...

Seriously though...everyone has their own taste and that's what makes the Viper world go 'round... :)

Peace.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew, can you post a closeup of the Autoform on your car? Its hard for me to see how it looks.

I like the look of the adjustable rods on the splitter like the one on Mopar Steve's car.

Thanks!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OLD pics...

You must be registered for see images

NEW pics...

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you goy a rock chip on the rf corner by the # 3 button rivet

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Home Depot sells carbon fiber and aircraft control surface components now? Is all that on the aisle next to the Krylon minivan splitter rattlecan paint?

LOL...the next thing you're gonna tell us is that the parts are NASA 8739.3 certified and were obtained from the space shuttle.

Not a bad job at all...don't get me wrong...but were these the parts and methods used?

Just askin'...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you forgot the chain saw, sludgehammer, log splitter, and 2 cases of beer

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew, can you post a closeup of the Autoform on your car? Its hard for me to see how it looks.

I like the look of the adjustable rods on the splitter like the one on Mopar Steve's car.

Thanks!

Here you go. And keep in mind that some people love this look and others don't. Doesn't really matter to me what others think. :dance:

I personally like it better than the home-brewed, Popular Mechanics-style, aircraft/Home Depot/eBay, "see what I did" variations that I've seen over and over again...JK.

But to each his own. :baby:

Attachments

• Vee2.jpg
    Vee2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Vee3.jpg
    Vee3.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not as talented as you are but your splitter is the only one i like. How much would it cost for you to make one for me :D

Sorry. It's really as is pointed out, made from Dollar General - Home Depot - Lowe's - Auto Zone - Wendy's - Jack Daniel's beer cans and nails and old lumber and drink cups and rusty screws and super glue and snot rags and bug wings. It almost flew off this morning and took out a minivan. Thank God for the Tractor Supply - Northern Tool - Ace Hardware duct tape and bailing wire and zip ties or there would have been a body count.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go. And keep in mind that some people love this look and others don't. Doesn't really matter to me what others think. :dance:

I personally like it better than the home-brewed, Popular Mechanics-style, aircraft/Home Depot/eBay, "see what I did" variations that I've seen over and over again.

But to each his own. :baby:

Maybe if you weren't such a **** about how yours is the only one that looks good then you would get more compliments. Your stupid list of stuff that you suggest we make ours from has nothing to do with anything but what I just said in the previous sentence. The people that build them - there are many of us - have skills that enable us to get what WE want, not what there is to choose from in the very limited selection from vendors.

Lighten up man. Not everyone wants to be like you.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe if you weren't such a **** about how yours is the only one that looks good then you would get more compliments. Your stupid list of stuff that you suggest we make ours from has nothing to do with anything but what I just said in the previous sentence. The people that build them - there are many of us - have skills that enable us to get what WE want, not what there is to choose from in the very limited selection from vendors.

Lighten up man. Not everyone wants to be like you.

Did I really say that mine was the only one that looks good? I previously stated that "to each his own", and "everyone has their own taste"....remember?

I provided the light-hearted comments about the custom-made ones (that actually look pretty good, including yours), but you are the only one who took my comments seriously.

Don't be so insecure and again I say....PEACE...dammit. :usa:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry. It's really as is pointed out, made from Dollar General - Home Depot - Lowe's - Auto Zone - Wendy's - Jack Daniel's beer cans and nails and old lumber and drink cups and rusty screws and super glue and snot rags and bug wings. It almost flew off this morning and took out a minivan. Thank God for the Tractor Supply - Northern Tool - Ace Hardware duct tape and bailing wire and zip ties or there would have been a body count.

I never said Lowe's. I said Home Depot. Big difference... :rolaugh:

And I'm searching for a minivan decal to photoshop onto the front of mine. Can't decide whether a Caravan or Odyssey emblem is more appropriate. Am eagerly awaiting your input.

Carry on. :baby:

Last edited:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha ha...what took you so long to photoshop that?

Usually you're faster than that. :rolaugh:

Give me a few minutes...pulling up your pics now and will get back to you with some "modifications" as well.

Last edited:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why most of us do not like the home made, aircraft/hovercraft/slinky, Home Depot (not Lowe's) version:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You also have the option of the smaller 'GTS-R Replica' splitter, slightly-functional , less driveway-interference, and the only front OE splitter for any Viper from Gen 2. JonB ~~~~: