Front Splitter for Gen II?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says, nothing adds value to a car like home made cosmetic mods.

You must be registered for see images attach

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL...Amen. :2tu:

Nothing quite like that homemade look.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew, just got home and looked at the front end shot....yes, I know that one and its nice, but I was looking for something more like Dave's...one is on the Vipair sight, but like I said above, its for the later Gen's. Not sure I like the one they offer for the Gen II....AND, its pretty expensive - $1,250!

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA memeber 'Life is Good' tried ARP for a Gen II splitter with no luck, I believe he is currently working with Steve at Vipair for one .... if he can ever get him to put the turbos down!

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew, just got home and looked at the front end shot....yes, I know that one and its nice, but I was looking for something more like Dave's...one is on the Vipair sight, but like I said above, its for the later Gen's. Not sure I like the one they offer for the Gen II....AND, its pretty expensive - $1,250!

OK...I know that they are not cheap....they run in the range of $1000-1500 depending upon whom you buy from.

The pic that you posted looks nice, and at least it doesn't have those god-awful slinkies or turnbuckles in the front.

Good luck. :2tu:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Few pics......

You must be registered for see images

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

fyi, gen1 fascia

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did I really say that mine was the only one that looks good? I previously stated that "to each his own", and "everyone has their own taste"....remember?

I provided the light-hearted comments about the custom-made ones (that actually look pretty good, including yours), but you are the only one who took my comments seriously.

Don't be so insecure and again I say....PEACE...dammit. :usa:

Actually, you said this:

Autoform front splitter. Love it and it doesn't look...er...."home made"...

So that's your "light hearted" comment? More like an insult from an idiot.

You should remember what you post when you post it. Others sure do.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To get this thread back on track, a discussion of the durabilty of all these shop built splitters. Yeah, mine was built in a shop. Sorry Zee'ster, it's therefore not homemade.

Here's a shot of the internal support structure for the 3/8" thick solid FRP splitter blade. Mostly 0.090 thick 5052 aluminum. (19) 1/4-20 fasteners project through the splitter and fascia to this structure.

At each wheelwell these hand formed pieces add support using the factory fascia attachment screws. (3) per side, and it also attaches to the splitter at the extreme side.

Let's see, that's (19) 1/4 fasteners, (2) 5/16 fasteners, and (6) m4 fasteners keeping my blade on the car. I can - and have - impacted parking lot curb barriers and the car stops dead nuts hard impact, and all with no damage to the 3/8" thick blade.

Now, let's see the pics of how the Autoform splitter attaches. Last I heard, it uses a few wheelwell screws and is so thin and flimsy that it requires constant repair and repaint due to chips and cracks.

C'mon, put 'em up for everyone to see. How does that thing mount? Pics here --> [ ______ ]

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry....would love to oblige you with a pictorial version of "My Life" like you have done, but neither have the time nor interest :catfight:

Nice story though. :zzz:

Apologies and hugs if I hurt your feelings today :baby:

Last edited:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, you said this:

Autoform front splitter. Love it and it doesn't look...er...."home made"...

So that's your "light hearted" comment? More like an insult from an idiot.

You should remember what you post when you post it. Others sure do.

I remember everything very clearly. But I now I'm really "corn-fused", as they say in Texas.

Why do you consider the word "homemade" as an insult... if it's a good thing?

Like I said...everyone has their own preferences. I like some versions and don't like others. Just like you. Don't be so sensitive.

(I'm choosing my words carefully here so that you call me another mean nasty name) :sadpace:

:crossed: :crossed: :crossed:

Last edited:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To get this thread back on track, a discussion of the durabilty of all these shop built splitters. Yeah, mine was built in a shop. Sorry Zee'ster, it's therefore not homemade.

Here's a shot of the internal support structure for the 3/8" thick solid FRP splitter blade. Mostly 0.090 thick 5052 aluminum. (19) 1/4-20 fasteners project through the splitter and fascia to this structure.

At each wheelwell these hand formed pieces add support using the factory fascia attachment screws. (3) per side, and it also attaches to the splitter at the extreme side.

Let's see, that's (19) 1/4 fasteners, (2) 5/16 fasteners, and (6) m4 fasteners keeping my blade on the car. I can - and have - impacted parking lot curb barriers and the car stops dead nuts hard impact, and all with no damage to the 3/8" thick blade.

Now, let's see the pics of how the Autoform splitter attaches. Last I heard, it uses a few wheelwell screws and is so thin and flimsy that it requires constant repair and repaint due to chips and cracks.

C'mon, put 'em up for everyone to see. How does that thing mount? Pics here -->

You will never understand, Dave.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pictures BAZ posted, both types, are more to my like...especially the top one. Not sure about the one on the red RT (Gen I), becasue of all the screws/rivits. I also would like to see what Steve comes up with for a Gen II facia.

Regardless, fun discussion....uhhhh, I think! :D

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pictures BAZ posted, both types, are more to my like...especially the top one. Not sure about the one on the red RT (Gen I), becasue of all the screws/rivits. I also would like to see what Steve comes up with for a Gen II facia.

Yes, I agree with you that Baz's look nice. However, some people like the "pop-rivet, aircraft look" on a Viper.

It's all a matter of personal preference and it's all good. :2tu:

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gotta say dave has one of the nicest "probably just nicest" splitter I've seen for the Gen 1-2 cars...Wish he'd make a few for the rest of us...

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not my Viper but one that Steve supplied.... he does a few now in CF or the finish you see.... can't remember what its called....

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the Autoform fascia/splitter. The top photo is the way it comes from AF. It seemed a little too big for the street so I modified it. I cut 1" off the front edge and 2" out of the center. This also made the splitter a lot more street friendly...

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks very nice, how the heck did you cut it so perfectly, what methods???

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks very nice, how the heck did you cut it so perfectly, what methods???

It wasn't really that difficult. I drew a line 1" inside of the outside edge of splitter. Then drew second line 2" in from outside edge. Then drew 45% angle between the two lines where I thought they looked good on the car. Sanded the edge smooth and painted with "Rally black" paint.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way it came from AF was a bit too big for me and was togher to drive on the street. (Curbs etc...)

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Red RT is me ..... I view the screws as sacrificial given that the splitter being lower and projected out scrapes a lot. I like the look, but more like the fact that the cables attach it to the frame so at speed, the splitter pulls the car down, not the fascia. Additionally, Steve said that he can make a track extension for mine similar to the ACR track extension .... functionality rules

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry....would love to oblige you with a pictorial version of "My Life" like you have done, but neither have the time nor interest :catfight:

Nice story though. :zzz:

Apologies and hugs if I hurt your feelings today :baby:

You are simply a ***** LOL. Your flimsy stick-on "ground effects" are sure winning the popularity contests here!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember everything very clearly. But I now I'm really "corn-fused", as they say in Texas.

Why do you consider the word "homemade" as an insult... if it's a good thing?

Like I said...everyone has their own preferences. I like some versions and don't like others. Just like you. Don't be so sensitive.

(I'm choosing my words carefully here so that you call me another mean nasty name) :sadpace:

:crossed: :crossed: :crossed:

Your cereal is done and your bottle is warm. *Feeding time* :)

You are either entirely dumb or just being the back end of a mule about it. Only an idiot would take your text as a compliment. The rest of us have an IQ above 14 and can see the insult.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the Autoform fascia/splitter. The top photo is the way it comes from AF. It seemed a little too big for the street so I modified it. I cut 1" off the front edge and 2" out of the center. This also made the splitter a lot more street friendly...

Autoform's real splitter is quite a bit nicer than the stick-on model. Looks good!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang