Fuel Up Question

oncebitn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone noticed that when you fill up the tank it doesn't go right to the fill line. I did a slow fill for the last bit to try and top it right up but it didn't seem to help. Just curious about this as it is really not creating any problems.

Except for the fact that you need as much gas in there as possible to go anywhere (I can't seem to ever be in 5th or 6th
redface.gif
))

I have had the Viper now for about a month and have already been to the track once. I can't wait till it's hot enough here (Toronto, Canada) for the tyres to stick and get hooked up.

Nathan...

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a side note, I was always able to put a certain amount of gas in my 2001 Viper. I just bought another one (2001) and I'm able to put a lot more.
confused.gif

Go figure.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vipermad:
Yeah...I keep some diapers stuffed down by the passenger seat and hold one under the nozzle assembly when I get gas. I'm also one of the few people I've seen who uses diapers when closing the hood. Thats what I get to being taught be someone MORE obsessed than me!!
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't use diapers but I do use a soft cloth. I carry around a little leather bag in the back filled w/ glass cleaner, quick detailer, peper towels, cloths, tire dressing, etc...
smile.gif

Every other stop, I give the snake some attention.

Buzzzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what it's worth my fuel gague is above the full mark after I fill up. Mine's a 95 RT/10. I just fill it till the pump shuts off the first time.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone with an RT try those little gas bibs ? They are about 8 inches long. One end has a hole that goes around the gasoline fill tube on your car. When you go to fill up you open the gas flap and unfold the bib. It lays on the car and then no way the gas nozzle can cratch and any gas that drips falls on the bib.

Are these standard on Vipers?

Kevin Stitely

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only seen the gas gauge on full one time since my ownership. Every fill up seems to land somewhere between 3/4 and almost full. I've tried everything...even the slow fill during top off. Vipers are mysterious cars...that's why I bought one!
cool.gif

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

It has nothing to do with not being able to fill the tanks to the max. But it does have everything to do with the factory guage/sender, they are just not working properly. This is just one of those things that as a Viper owner you have to live with.

A while back someone posted a thread on this, and he took his viper in to the dealer. Which proceded to change the entire guage/sending unit, only to find that it still did the same thing after they were done.