Further Viper musings from Vegas......

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....so yesterday, I am walking down the strip (after returning from a fun filled day of taking depositions) and I pass several rent a car places that have Vipers, Ferraris , etc. for rent (for a modest price , I'm sure). The snakes are mostly 93-94 vintage and look as you might expect to have been really wrung out. I'm looking at the people who are considering renting these beaters and none strike me as world class drivers--remember the first time you drove a Gen 1 Viper---got your attention , didn't it? Worse yet, some cars had the OE XGT tires confirming that these companies are true thrill seekers letting these babies out the door especially in the rain. I'm sure these cars have had all the service bulletin work done-the gaskets are no doubt perfect, the trannies must be wonderful by now, and there is not enough Turtle Wax color wax in the country to save these fascia. Maybe I'll start renting mine out.

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my short travels yesterday, all I saw were older RTs, but I would imagine that some places have GTSs. The only GTS I saw was on top of the slots table at the MGM in the same location where they have previously had Vipers including during VOI. They now have a red ACR. I jammed in about $40 worth of qharters last night to no avail. Incredibly, a woman who runs a beauty salon near me in Va actaully won a Viper playing the slots at MGM--but she had to sell it.

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did see a red GTS on the strip today for rent.And, if I had to guess it was the same one I saw in a parking lot this afternoon about 3 blocks from the rental lot with 2 guys (not from this country) trying to figure out what to do with a flat tire and what looked like a scraped(bent?) wheel--I am not making this up. I would have gotten a closer look but did not want to appear on "Cops".

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question: Do any of those places rent out GTS's? I have not taken mine out to Vegas because everyone would assume its a rental. I do have Texas plates( 2X DOWN ) and would like to cruise the strip with it. I have a trip planned out there for late September but it's a really long drive from Austin especially when you have a bunch of free tickets on Southwest and they have 4 non stops a day between Austin and Vegas.

Mit

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I rented a red 2000 GTS at the Reno Hilton last August, 3pm til 11pm for $300. It had only 3000 miles on it, and was in excellent condition, which I returned it in. My wife and I cruised all over Reno, Tahoe, Carson City, and around Reno during Saturday night at Hot August Nights Cruise Night. Best money I ever spent, we had a great time. It turned more heads than most of the great old cars there.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, Are you still looking to open a Viper rental company? $300 for 8 hours WAS a good price for a new car. I've heard of up to $600 for a new one. I already put 6,000 miles on mine in the past 4 months. 15k and climbing......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4