garage/storage lift......need help

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you guys can help. I have a standard two car garage with a 16foot door and 8'8" ceiling.
I would like to fit two, side by side, storage lifts in there so i can park 4 cars. What kind should i buy, will i have enought room? The cars are super low i think they are 4' tall at the most. How tall is a lowered viper?

What do you think, will it work?

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 9' ceiling and I have room to spare.

www.aclifts.com

great product.

see for yourself:

Aug_6_06_a_little_rain.JPG

-J

p.s. measure your cars because if they are 48" tall, well, that'll be tight

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My garage has a 10' ceiling, which works. If I was to do it again, I would make sure it was 12'. I can't extend mine up all the way(helps when working on the trans or rear). 8'.8" is tough if you plan on getting under the car much(lots of croutching).

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My garage has a 10' ceiling, which works. If I was to do it again, I would make sure it was 12'. I can't extend mine up all the way(helps when working on the trans or rear). 8'.8" is tough if you plan on getting under the car much(lots of croutching).

Im not going to be doing any work, i just want to park the cars.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 9' ceiling and I have room to spare.

www.aclifts.com

great product.

see for yourself:

Aug_6_06_a_little_rain.JPG

-J

p.s. measure your cars because if they are 48" tall, well, that'll be tight

how wide is your garage door and your garage?

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how wide is your garage door and your garage?

Garage door is 22' wide, actual garage interior is a lot wider, I have 4 foot plus on each side (to open doors).

-J

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am also in the planning stage of adding a garage lift.

I'm probably going to get a Revolution RFP7 4-post lift. It is made in the USA, I can get a regular 58-59" height car under it with the Viper on top, the runways are wide enough for the Viper tires and the total width won't go past the halfway point in my 2-car garage.

Be careful if they try to sell you an expensive side mount opener if you already have a central overhead opener. I have a 10'4" ceiling and they finally gave in and agreed with me that I could keep using the one I have. I had to print out several messages from the VCA forums from people who have it that way and show them.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also in the planning stage of adding a garage lift.

I'm probably going to get a Revolution RFP7 4-post lift. It is made in the USA, I can get a regular 58-59" height car under it with the Viper on top, the runways are wide enough for the Viper tires and the total width won't go past the halfway point in my 2-car garage.

Be careful if they try to sell you an expensive side mount opener if you already have a central overhead opener. I have a 10'4" ceiling and they finally gave in and agreed with me that I could keep using the one I have. I had to print out several messages from the VCA forums from people who have it that way and show them.

hmmm whats a side mount opener?

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hmmm whats a side mount opener?

There are several different brands. The one they wanted to sell me is listed on the price quote as Jackshaft Operator. With a keyless entry, two additional remotes and the main unit with one remote the cost was $495 in addition to whatever labor fee to install it.

Here's one brand: Jackshaft Operator