Gas pedal gets stuck when going slow?

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today I was driving very slow in a parking lot trying to find a parking space, I am of course on and off the gas gong slow and all the sudden I was not able to press on the gas pedal, it felt just stuck where it was and didn't want to move down at all. I was able to press down hard and then it goes but is extremely stiff and feels like it doesn't want to move. Then I stop and it goes away, but I then kept circling the parking lot to try to see if it happens and it did a few times again, I cant make it happen but it seems to just keep happening when you are going slow and then try to press on the gas. It also just goes away and acts normal like it never happened but comes back. It then happened when I was pulling into my driveway and garage. I am wondering it anyone had this before? I tried searching but didn't find anything.

Guess I will have to call the dealer to bring it in tomorrow, I just hope this is not one of those problems that doesn't happen at the dealer and only happens when you leave the dealer.

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have floor mats. The funny thing is, this problem just happened when i left the dealer and ORDERED floor mats which i didn't get yet..

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What SRT10 Mike is trying to say, in an almost too discrete manner, is that the NorCal Viper Club makes some of the finest floor mats in the World for the Viper. So, you might want to contact him and let him know your color scheme, and I just bet the fine folks in the North part of the Gold Rush State, can equip you with some nice padding under your feet.

Er, isn't that what you were attempting to say , Mike, ha? :2tu:

Reaction score
Question:
I bought the Norcal floor mats, unfortunately the drivers side bunched up by the gas pedal, not safe and is "creased", will they be kind enough to trade me for a new one. I tried everything to get the crease out, no luck.

SRT10Mike

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What SRT10 Mike is trying to say, in an almost too discrete manner, is that the NorCal Viper Club makes some of the finest floor mats in the World for the Viper. So, you might want to contact him and let him know your color scheme, and I just bet the fine folks in the North part of the Gold Rush State, can equip you with some nice padding under your feet.

Er, isn't that what you were attempting to say , Mike, ha? :2tu:

I have been told the NoCal Viper Club does indeed sell some very high quality mats...but I really wasn't trying to plug them. I actually bought my floor mats from Jon B at PartsRack (now THAT's a plug!).

I was just wondering why anyone would buy mats from a dealer since the stockers are nothing special and the dealer is way overprice (at least that is what my experience was).

Now that we have hijacked this thread...I sure hope someone has a simple solution to the sticky gas pedal! :2tu:

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car didn't come with mats, i actually was under the impression the viper didnt come with mats? or did they? i also was not aware of any other floor mats made for the viper, so i just bought the factory one's with the sanke on them. They seemed to be nice and simple enough for me. Cost $60. I still have yet to have my gas pedal problem fixed, the dealer "viper tech" is swamped so it seems like i may have to wait till the end of the week.

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this thread got brought back up again, i actually still have the problem, and i have not made time to bring the car in, but i will try to have it done next week. In the meantime, i have been driving like a bat out of hell! :D

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the gas pedal stuck at WOT in third gear :eek: talk about a ride I will never forget!!! I would have preferred to have your problem.

davem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like your throttle stop is not adjusted properly. If the throttle closes too much, the blades can actually jam in the throttle body.

I don't recall if the Gen III throttle body has a stop or not, but I've seen this on other cars.

-Dave.