gauge installation pic anyone?

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone put more than one aftermarket gauge in their car? I want to install a boost gauge and a wideband, even thinking about putting two windeband.

Where did you guys put your aftermarket gauges? I like the steering column idea but that's just one. I am used on import cars where i would redo the whole dash but i must admit i don't really want to do that on the viper...

Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
P

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh and anyone has pics of the MBX steering mounted pod, can you still see your tach and speed with this?

how about the a-pillar pod that roe sells?

BADMOFO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I currently own the MBX "steering mounted pod" which I bought through Roe and worked out great. You can see the tach and speedo with no problems; I also installed my **** led in the pod also.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the MBX gauge pod too and its a great piece. Just a FYI the innovative wideband 02 gauge does NOT fit in the MBX gauge as the face is too large and it hits the steering wheel.

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made my own

Sorry the pics are not that great but you can see how it looks from the outside too.

The Billet piece I made to hold my Raptor.

I just have it mounted with two sided tape. That way if I ever want to remove it you'll never know. No holes drilled in the dash either.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
P

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the MBX gauge pod too and its a great piece. Just a FYI the innovative wideband 02 gauge does NOT fit in the MBX gauge as the face is too large and it hits the steering wheel.

hmm that's good to know, you mean the gauge is too thick? cause i beleive the gauge should be 52mm like every other autometer...

anyone has more than one gauge and installed it somewhere else than the a-pillar and the steering column?

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm that's good to know, you mean the gauge is too thick? cause i beleive the gauge should be 52mm like every other autometer...

anyone has more than one gauge and installed it somewhere else than the a-pillar and the steering column?

Yes the face of the gauge is at least 2x's the size of a standard gauge like autometer. My autometer gauge fit perfect in there but the innovative would fit but hit the steering wheel when turning. :)

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone put more than one aftermarket gauge in their car? I want to install a boost gauge and a wideband, even thinking about putting two windeband.

Where did you guys put your aftermarket gauges? I like the steering column idea but that's just one. I am used on import cars where i would redo the whole dash but i must admit i don't really want to do that on the viper...

Thanks for sharing.

take a look in My Gallery, I have some pics posted.

OP
OP
P

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
take a look in My Gallery, I have some pics posted.

that must be a dumb question but how do you access the OEM gauge? Do you have to remove the dash? How hard is it to install the O2 gauge in the voltmeter location?

thanks for any tips you can give.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that must be a dumb question but how do you access the OEM gauge? Do you have to remove the dash? How hard is it to install the O2 gauge in the voltmeter location?

thanks for any tips you can give.

The dash has to come off. After the screws located along the bottom are removed, the dash is held in place by pop-in-place fasteners. Start on the passengers side and start lifting from right to left and up/down.

OP
OP
P

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok thanks, i'll think about since this looks like a pretty tedious job...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi