Gauge pods........who sells them for a Viper?

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted to purchase the Autometer Cobalt Boost and Fuel gauges but do they make a pod for the Viper where you can just hook it up to the A-arm????????You Viper owners that have such gauges, where do you place such??Any help locating such pods would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the short answer is: There aren't any.

A friend has been trying to get the exact same thing for his '97 GTS and cannot find one. He bought an 2 gague a-pillar pod marketed for another car that was recommended to him and it wasn't even close. I believe the gagues were basically pointing up.

Likely the only way to do it is to be handy with fiberglass and use a couple of single gague cups and make your own.

-Matt

Reaction score
Yes, Matt's correct. We have all sorts of gauge pods here and have tried to get them to fit properly on a Viper's a-pillar. It just doesn't work.

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a pod to work on mine, A little heat gun, and simple molding, and trimming for the VIN, and it fit great.

If you want to see a picture maybe someone will post them for me, but yes it will fit.

Mark

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may want to check out: http://www.blitz-na.com/Blitz_E_Gauge_DC.htm

These gauges are super thin and light. You can purchase a suction cup made for these gauges, and you'll be able to mount the gauge/s parallel to the pillar "on" the windshield.

They're pretty expensive compared to Autometer. I can get them for about 15% off list price.

RickL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine molded them to the stock pillar plastic in his Firehawk with fiberglass. Here is a pic when they were first molded together and after it was primed and ready to be painted.

Firehawk

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

They also made one for this Camaro. In this vid it hasn't been sanded yet so it still looks a little rough.

Gauge Pod

-Rick

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed... fiberglass isn't hard stuff to use after a little experimentation. Made a few parts for my bikes with it.. always had fun, but I'm a build-it guy. If you're a buy-it guy, I'll make you one when I get a Viper... keep in mid though, it will be for the right hand pillar, so you might need to squint a little
wink.gif

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am posting these pics for Mark Cooper Red 00 GTS VA. He did the fitting, looks good Mark!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, the Camaro pods look like Dr. Seuss or a B&W Nautilus Speaker Design...

Actually, there is room for another horizontal row of gauges above the stock ones if you use small 2" gauges.

What is nice about this is that you could put 5 in this location!

v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mark cooper.

i saw you gauge install and it's looks nice. which gauge pod did you use in your car?

thanks

where can i reach you? i would like to check out your gague pod. [email protected]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog