Gen 1 Dash removal question- Answered - Wiper Removal?

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious how one would go about getting the headlight on/off switch off to remove the dash? I tried pulling and twisting to no avail.

TIA

LotsaHP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Gen 1 Dash removal question

Hey vipernate I ran into the same problem when I removed my dash. Matt Kovac's post on the same subject might help you out; I know it helped me!

"Yes, you have to put your hand up under your dash right behind your headlight knob. You'll feel the mechanism that makes the headlight system work, and the button is right on top of it-just push it down and pull out the knob at the same time.
This was the same problem I had when I did my dash, didn't know the knob had a release button!"

OP
OP
V

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks lotsahp!!!!!!!!

Didn't realize it had a release button either! Now off to get this dash painted. Thanks again!!

OP
OP
V

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok - how about windsheild wiper removal? How do I go about getting the wipers off to access the cowl?

Thanks again!

LotsaHP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here we go again ;-) All I could find on wiper blade removal is this from Steve-Indy: "removing wiper arms, (may need a small wheel puller or battery terminal puller to get them off)" Apparently after you get the wiper blades off there are only 4 screws to remove to take off the cowl. Hope this helps.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

At the proximal end of the wiper blade there is a plastic cap covering up the nut that holds on the wiper blade. This plastic cap simply flips up to expost the nut.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This plastic cap simply flips up to expost the nut.
Well, some may have been simple to flip, but mine was a bear. Had to use a wooden spoon to pry it up.

Oh! And I would mark the position of the arm to the spindle with a grease pen or something.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The key is to pull the plastic cover up perfectly even and perpendicular to the shaft.

vettekiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score

when you take the nut off just push down on the arm its self right where it flipes up. and it should release easly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960