GEN 1 PAXTON SUPERCHARGER RESULTS!

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We just finished testing the first Gen 1 Paxton Supercharger install. The kit should be in production in about two months. Thanks to John Javage to lending his vehicle to Paxton for this preproduction fit.

The system was installed on a stock 93 Viper with headers. The results were an increase of about 150hp at the wheels. Final numbers were 528hp and 544trq at the wheels. Baseline was 376hp and 390trq at the wheels.

The kit is very similar to the current Gen 2-3 systems. Unlike the other systems, this kit comes with larger fuel injectors. The install is clean and neat and appears to be well engineered. This system will have a new airbox (that was not yet fitted) which should give even bigger numbers.

I have no concerns with this new system, we will plan to have a cooling system, balancer and boost upgrade available for this kit. I think 600rwhp could be had reliably on these early cars. More testing will tell. I think that it is important for those considering this package should realize that with a car that is 10-12 years old should be properly inspected and maintained before intalling this package (tires, brakes, clutch, head gaskets etc..).

Thanks to Paxton and all involved, this should prove to be a great system.

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baseline was 376hp and 390trq at the wheels.

Is that baseline for the torque right? Or did you mean 490? 390 sounds really low to start with, especially with headers.

OP
OP
D

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the interest in this system, I checked some other dyno tests on this car and found some torque numbers in the 430's as a baseline. The 390trq # could be a function of heat soak.

When checking the supercharged numbers of this Gen 1 car to a Gen 2 car with the same setup. The Gen 1 is the king,
from 3000 rpm up it makes 30-50ftpds more than the Gen 2 car.

I hope this information puts the package in better perspective.

Built 2 Go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan Cragin mentioned my name in his Paxton Gen I Supercharging posting, so I thought I would chime in (4 years since my last posting). I have owned this 93 Viper since 1994.
First off...Wow! What a hugh difference in both power and drivability. The before and after feeling of driving this Gen I is "unbelievable". Paxton did a remarkable job on the design, power output and it's also awesome looking. Dan Cragin was the Tech advisor/consultant to Paxton on this project. Their goal was to get the same HP/Torque numbers as a Gen II Paxton Supercharger.
I personally have never driven any car or Viper with as much power/torque that this new supercharger produces. It's like I purchased a new 2005 Gen III-500HP Viper. Please note: I'm thrilled over this new driving experience (power/torque), and I also know for a fact that there are many Vipers out there that are stronger and faster and can run circles around this Gen I. However, this 93 Paxton Viper highly excites me every time I start the engine and drive away. The power and torque is just something you can't explain unless you experience it. I also noticed a nice improvement in drivability, not having to shift as much at lower street speed and I noticed very nice power in 5th gear. I guess it's due to more gas flowing (Gen II-injectors used and the increased HP/Torque). Quickness/Times...I have no idea on 0 to 60 or a quarter mile, except to say that the RPM of 5800 comes up very-very quickly. I believe a shift light would come in handy, at least for me. I will say that a friend of mine has a 2005 Turbo Porsche. We went to a (very isolated street-checked out the area first)and then hit the gas rolling at 5-8 mph. He hit the gas first. I went through 3 gears (little less then 100 mph). I then let off the gas and applied the brakes.) My friend stated I pulled away by 3 or 4 cars, maybe a little more (I never looked for him in the mirrors). I just focused on the Tach and the road. This was the only run we made.

In answer to Tom's question. I'll try my best... My Torque at 2000 RPM was 383, now 439, Torque at 2500 Rpm was 394, now 465, Torque at 3000 RPM was 407, now 502, Torque at 3500 RPM was 430, now 539, Torque at 4000 Rpm was 432, now 549, Torque at 4500 was 422, now 555, Torque at 4900 was 396, now 540, Torque at 5500 was 333, now 491, Torque at 5800 was 301, now 476.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Built 2 go

Would love to ride in your car!

I would also like to do a roll on so I could see the power. Even film it....

You have a PM

Please be sure to keep us updated :D !!! I am always in for watching such a juicy video :2tu: :usa:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What will be the price of your kit compared to that of Sean Roe's system? I probably won't be getting a blower now, since I have a NX system installed, but curious as to the differences in the two blowers. Seans puts out some pretty strong #'s for the Gen1 motors and also includes a VEC2 for tuning. What about yours?

OP
OP
D

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Paxton kit should be priced about the same as the later kits, but pricing has not been released yet.

The system is intercooled, will be certified for smog and comes with a programmable fuel-timing controller.