Gen 1 VEC 2/3 question...

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next time i'm at the dyno and it happens, i'll send Sean the program.

What happens is that let's say you want to change a parameter from 39 to 40... you do this, hit enter, hit write. it says 40. you hit READ and it goes back to 39.

weird, i know. But you have to be looking for it. Especially noticed when doing W/M tuning...

JD

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happens is that let's say you want to change a parameter from 39 to 40... you do this, hit enter, hit write. it says 40. you hit READ and it goes back to 39.

This does happen. The VEC will let you go down or up by 1, then it takes 2 jump down or up depending on which way you're going. You're better off using the +/- up down instead of plugging a number. At least then you see where it's going to default to. If you do a percent add or drop across a range, it will still default to the settings by the one or two ticks it wants to do. I got my line nice and flat by using the +/- keys.

Steve

G

grcforce327

Next time i'm at the dyno and it happens, i'll send Sean the program.

weird, i know. But you have to be looking for it. Especially noticed when doing W/M tuning...

JD

Yes the 1 increment jump I see all the time,but not 36 to 96 when the starting point is 42!I still say it was just a glitch!No big deal!
It's all good!!! :2tu:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean "I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever had this happen in all the programs I've worked on in VEC2 and VEC3. Anybody that has a problem like this should call me as I would want to see what and how they are working with the VEC."

:bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :evilmad: :evilmad: :curse: :curse: :curse:

:buttkick:

D

DAMN YANKEE

42 to 36 is different than "39 to 40", the program rounds incrementals.
A big change raises questions that you should explore with Sean. He has been very helpful with my Vec and was surprised that somebody just doesn't call him for help.

The big discrepancies are worth working through, the little pain in the butt typical stuff, you know, those odd, unproductive little "bugs"...well, we all expect to see those and we all just learn to work around them as there is little one can do. Best to just plain ignore them and keep working to get it right.

D

DAMN YANKEE

Yes, went with the LC-1 set-up. Simple, relatively inexpensive and all the VEC requires. One can tune with a single bank (one LC-1) or both banks. I'll find the old install photos and post a seperate thread.