Gen 2 battery disconnect?

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2002 RT10 that I’m putting into cold storage here in Canada. Normally I put a battery tender on the Viper every month during the winter but this year there is no power where the car is at and there is no way I can jack it up and pull the battery out.

I know that pulling the one cable off the positive post under the hood does not disconnect all of the power, only some of it.

Is there another cable under the hood I can pull or a main fuse that I can pull to disconnect 100% of the power?

Or, is the only option the battery?

Thanks

Tim

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you gotta disconnect at the battery. If you're storing it where there's power, get a battery Tender ($50, but maybe in Canadian dollars about 5 ;-) and you're OK.

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take the battery cover off at home, drive nicely to storage unit and crawl under it and disconnect the battery posts. With a little finesse, the cover can be removed with the wheel on but it's good for a few curses and knuckle skins........

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just remember that when spring time comes.. the car will need to relearn to idle since the ECU will have reset with no power

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21