gen 4 battery

rjsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2008 coupe and want to change out the factory battery. What is a recommended replacement?

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you get stuck somewhere or is it just due?

AutoZone is where I got mine a few mths ago - I am pretty sure you will be getting a ton of opinions pretty soon. Tomato, tamahtoe - As long as it doesn't blow up, :drive:

Good luck!!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I replaced our Gen III and Gen IV's with Die-Hard Platinum batteries...size is a Group 34, conventional top terminals...AGM=no leak...excellent warranty and LONG projected service life.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced our Gen III and Gen IV's with Die-Hard Platinum batteries...size is a Group 34, conventional top terminals...AGM=no leak...excellent warranty and LONG projected service life.

This is what I'll be going with as well...I ran a 34/78 DieHard Platinum (so it had top and side terminals) in my previous '02 Camaro, and it was a fantastic battery that gave me 0 problems. Have one in my wife's Celica that has been daily driven for the past 4 years, also no issues.

I just like that they are maintenance and leak free. Killer warranty too.

OP
OP
R

rjsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Someone on another thread said something about Optima. thanks for the advice... Guess I'll be going to Sears!