gen 4 exhaust tips

bcmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody have some 08 or 09 exhaust tips that they would want to get rid of? Send me a pm if interested.

Thanks,

Paul

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Call Dan at DC Performance. He may have a few OE sets.

If not, Jon B may also have some take offs and Lou Belanger could make a set up for you, worst case.

Dan

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do these tips look like compared to 05 tips?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do these tips look like compared to 05 tips?

Identical from outside the car...they just come out of the muffler and exit out the side, unlike the 03-06 exhaust which crosses over behind the seats and exits the side sill from the opposite side of the engine.

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Identical from outside the car...they just come out of the muffler and exit out the side, unlike the 03-06 exhaust which crosses over behind the seats and exits the side sill from the opposite side of the engine.

Thanks so what would be the benefit of switching over and who would want to? Would the exhaust not be combined any more and sound worse?

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure its for the heat bro, an aftermearket exhaust takes care of that.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove my gen 4 coupe a few miles and promptly installed a corsa catback. Better sound and better looking. Drove my gen 3 coupe once and installed a corsa catback. Sound improved 100% and got rid of a bunch of cockpit heat. The sound is throatier and louder but no drone. Extra benefit was a few pounds were shed. The crossover was an attempt to find a better sound but was a failure. Gen 4's sound better than a gen 3 out of the box but very weak (not loud enough).

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some roe racing high flow cats if anyone is interested. They are brand new supposed to add 25 hp