Gen I brake booster vacuum hose routing??

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just found out the true definition of torture; your first drive on a NEW ARROW REBUILD, trying not to go over 2500 rpm for the first 200 miles....In 1st, that comes up real fast...

Can someone please check the routing of this hose? Currently it is laying on the valve cover, which I know is not correct, but I don't have any pics that show the routing prior to the engine being R&R'd. I am guessing the hose goes on the outside of the clutch fluid resevoir (right along side the black cap), which would keep it up and away from the heat sheilds.

Any help appreciated!! After 2 1/2 months sans snake, I am bitten again just like the first time :2tu:

Tomer

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
It comes off at rear of valve cover, and immediately turns forward UNDER the stud that holds the rear-most plug wire loom, then runs forward parallel to lower edge of valve cover, then passes UNDER the stud holding MIDDLE plug wire loom, then makes a right angle turn outward (in BETWEEN the FRONT plug wire loom and the MIDDLE plug wire loom) to go straight to the brake booster.

This is the path on our stock 1996 RT/10.

Hope this helps !!

OP
OP
T

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Steve, very helpful. Are there any tie wraps holding the hose in this "S" pattern? I think since Arrow shipped the engine with a new piece of hose, maybe the hose is just a little too long, but if I ran it under the spark plug wires, it would sag and get too close to the heat sheilds.

This pic http://gallery.viperclub.org/showphoto.php/photo/5208/sort/1/cat/512/page/3 shows a modified braided line, which is probably a good idea.

This pic shows the clutch fluid resevoir doing the job of hold the hose out of harms way, as mine is now (which I think is not correct) http://gallery.viperclub.org/showphoto.php/photo/10903/sort/1/cat/511/page/2

Tomer

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
No tie wraps...just held in the "OEM correct" position by the studs that hold the plug wire looms in place.