Gen I Power Limits?

GO 4LO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, guys,
It seems like all the real big-hp cars are Gen II's. So what is the limiting factor on the Gen I's, or is it just easier to start with a Gen II? I remember Gary's Gen I DLM car put down 787 hp at the wheels on pump gas - how much higher can you go (safely) on a Gen I? Thanks.
Chris

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be interested in the replies on this one.

My guess is the tuners/owners aren't interested in developing for the Gen I due to their limited production numbers. I don't think they could make much in the way of profit to warrent the overhead of development. If it happens to work on both Gen I and Gen II then we're lucky. If it can be slightly modified to work then we're lucky agian. If it required additional fabrication of research then we're on our own. Just a SWAG.

OP
OP
G

GO 4LO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bad_Byte:
I will be interested in the replies on this one.

My guess is the tuners/owners aren't interested in developing for the Gen I due to their limited production numbers.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right - that probably is a lot of it. One thing that puzzled me, though, is that there are Gen II 300+ shot nitrous setups available, and yet 250 is the most anyone has run on a Gen I (as far as I know). One guy runs a 375 shot on his GTS, though, as a comparison. Not sure if it's because it's not safe to run that much on a Gen I or there are just not Gen I owners willing to try it. ?? Hmmm.
Chris

OP
OP
G

GO 4LO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTT - any help with this question?
smile.gif

Chris

Latest posts

Forum statistics