Gen II Wheel Well

amsready

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a small piece missing from my inner wheel well on my 02 Viper I just purchased. Don't have any idea how it got that way but I really don't want to spend the money on a new replacement piece.
There are an amazing array or high tech adhesives out there and I am sure I can glue a piece back on with some reinforcement in the back side. So my question is does anyone know what that material was that they used?

OP
OP
A

amsready

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the issue.

Attachments

• 20160911_192528.jpg
    20160911_192528.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 55

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like previous owner cut the wheel well to allow airflow into the side-sills. The idea behind this is to lower side-sill and cabin temps.

I can't tell if your car has a trim piece around hole or not. It might be an aftermarket unit that is damaged.

I'm running the hole with no screen/vent and rear panel of the side-sill removed:
You must be registered for see images attach

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That area isn't water tight and stones work their way in. Opening it up allows for more debris to get in, but the lower-rear portion of the side sill is open so theoretically any debris should fall out the back.

OP
OP
A

amsready

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually it's damage. The other side is whole. I gave some thought to adding vents but have not made my mind up on that yet. I would prefer it to be closed since I think it looks better. I have hi flow cats, 3" smooth bore, 97 cam and muffler delete. Heat is not bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang