gen2 vs gen3 looks yet again

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of the discussion in this thread is actually what has gone on in my head since I have started shopping for a Viper. I heard this once before so I'm not going to claim these as my own thoughts, but I put the Gen I and IIs in the Muscle car category and the III and IV in the Supercar category.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the Gen I and two Vipers aren't muscle cars but there supercars and sports cars as well. (One catagory doesn't do well at defining a Viper IMO) I am an instructor at my local track and I tracked my old GEN I many of times and let me tell you when you think of muscle cars you don't think of cars that handle like that. Here's a couple of vids of me on the track:

Nissian GTR VS VIPER - Car Videos on StreetFire

Porsche GT3 VS Viper - Car Videos on StreetFire

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what ever reason I too think of the gen1 and 2 as bad the ultimate muscle cars and gen 3/4 as baby super cars..

Kinda silly though...A gen 2's 11.9 at 120 mph 1/4 mile is only a tick behind the gen3's 11.7 at 122..

As well yea the gen3 is faster around a road course..But come on it's not like the gen2's were slow..They dominated the T1 events..I saw a vid with a GTS pitted against a C5Z06 and cobra R and it dominated around the road course ..

So why my thinking is like that really I have no idea other than the styling of the srt's just looking a lil wider to me....

Wish I could watch your vid of you raceing the GTR..For some reason it wont load

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX