gen2 vs gen3 looks yet again

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems like a never ending debate...Gen3 guys usually say they like the gen2 and gen3 design...Quite a few gen2 guys say they like the gen2 but the gen3 looks like a vette...

Well while viewing the WARFANG rides again thread I couldnt help but observe The beautiful WarFang GTS Viper with it's red with white stripe exterior...

Then I saw this pic....

To me the GTS is dominating the dark colored black vert..

The GTS is equal to the green and black ACR as the black again hides some of the beauty in these pics..

But the GTS is One upped considerable by the orange and black striped srt coupe..

Vette my A$$...That orange coupe is simply amazing

Last edited:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually in this pic all the Gen 3's look more exotic than the gen 2 due to the much lower and wider stance that anyone can plainly see. I love the gen 3 the most but the gen 1&2's scream viper from a mile away thats for sure.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
couldnt agree more..Ive had both and have always thought the gen3 looked lower and wider..But belieave it or not acording to the specs they are actually about the same width

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stock ride heigh appears to be lower on the SRT's. The wheel gap plays a huge role in this as well as the 19" rear wheel. That fills space that the Gen I and II's lack.

Ill agree that it is a never ending debate. IMO nothing looks better than a slammed Gen II. :2tu:

:usa:

Last edited:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm....

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be more helpful if we post pics that have a gen2 and gen3 desighn verses just one or the other

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
heres a great example of a 2003 vert vs a 2008 coupe that shows really there isnt much differance..

But we need some pics of gts's against srt's to really get thi debate going

Last edited:

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS = sexier
Gen 4 = meaner

I hate verts so I do not include them in my tests.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
man this is gonna be good..that black ragtop rt10 looks awesome!!!!

I dont know man...its gonna be close..great pics btw

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 3's can't do the hood thing.... :D

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hood thing is very kool..BUT..It must also be mentioned that the desighn of the srt10 engine looks much nicer/cleaner/more exotic with the intake manifold ect..the 2002 engine still looks like the 1992 desighn..
I think this cancels out the kool hood trick

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hood thing is very kool..BUT..It must also be mentioned that the desighn of the srt10 engine looks much nicer/cleaner/more exotic with the intake manifold ect..the 2002 engine still looks like the 1992 desighn..
I think this cancels out the kool hood trick

I disagree again. IMO, this looks way better than a Gen III intake manifold. :2tu:

P9270299.JPG

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It seems like a never ending debate...Gen3 guys usually say they like the gen2 and gen3 design...Quite a few gen2 guys say they like the gen2 but the gen3 looks like a vette...

Well while viewing the WARFANG rides again thread I couldnt help but observe The beautiful WarFang GTS Viper with it's red with white stripe exterior...

Then I saw this pic....

To me the GTS is dominating the dark colored black vert..

The GTS is equal to the green and black ACR as the black again hides some of the beauty in these pics..

But the GTS is One upped considerable by the orange and black striped srt coupe..

Vette my A$$...That orange coupe is simply amazing

Can you point out the GEN IIIs in that pic? I don't see any.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to me gen1 and gen2 is pretty much the same and gen3 and gen4 is pretty much the same...

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
to me gen1 and gen2 is pretty much the same and gen3 and gen4 is pretty much the same...

Small changes can make a huge difference. The Gen I and Gen III have a far softer feel to them than the Gen II and Gen IV. I'm not at all a fan of the Gen III hood which makes the whole car feel a bit flabby compared to the Gen IV.

ds2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whoa, just noticed on your posting that you said you put 375's on the rears, YIKES! That is huge? Do they stick out or do they fit within your fenders? Just curious, as I have an 04 that I'm considering putting something wider on.

David

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to add a lil more fuel to the fire..

black gen3/4 verses blue gen2

and red gen2 doing the hood trick verses red gen 4 with the nicer engine lay out..
Man this is gonna be a close race...

Last edited:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're looking at Gen III or IV, you have to have one that has stripes on it. As weird as it sounds to ever say a Viper "blends in", the III's and IV's really do without the stripes. If you give them that contrast, it REALLY wakes it up in the looks department.

The hood trick on the Gen II is a show stopper though!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great find! I love the looks of the Gen II, and you know it's a Viper from a mile away, but honestly the Gen II looks really dated to me sitting next to the III in those pics.

I agree! In 30 years, I'll feel differently comparing the two, but right now, the GTS is starting to look dated....and the interior was dated when it debuted:D:eater:

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah, I found that link MONTHS ago, and no matter how many times I look at the pictures I STILL can't decide which looks better!

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whoa, just noticed on your posting that you said you put 375's on the rears, YIKES! That is huge? Do they stick out or do they fit within your fenders? Just curious, as I have an 04 that I'm considering putting something wider on.

David

I have them on order still 5-7 weeks away from arrival But to answer your question the 375 rear tire will fit easily:2tu: Keep looking in on my post and I will post pics the minute they arrive:headbang: