Get those Sapphire Snakes for sale in Spring of '08

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope to finally join the ranks here officially in the Spring. It's been 3 long years greater than I anticipated, but I'm finally at a point where I can begin looking again. I hope to get the house squared away first, but if the right car pops up I'll just have to jump at it. It feels good... I've been without a whip for two years and been missing so much good driving!

If anyone comes across a 2001 GTS ACR in Sapphire Blue with extremely low miles over the winter, toss a PM my way. I haven't decided yet if I want the stripes or not. Decisions, decisions... :D

....and I can't WAIT to smoke out the local Chevy dealer that screwed up my C5 so bad.

Edit - actually, does anyone know the production numbers on 2001 ACRs in Sapphire with NO stripe? Strikes me that most people who would be paying for the ACR and comfort package would probably also pick up the stripe... but who knows? I've seen two with the stripe in person and driven one. It looks fine, but I may be more interested in not having the stripes.

Does anyone have some hi-res photos of an 01 Sapphire without the stripes and possibly with the BBS rims?

Last edited:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A sapphire ACR is already rare so stripes or not is only going to further create a harder to find car. If I recall correctly the numbers are as follows:

Dodge Viper GTS ACR with Black Interior: 28 Made
Dodge Viper GTS ACR with Black Interior & Stripes: 49 - At Least 1 (Wrecked Last Month)
Dodge Viper GTS ACR with Cognac Interior with Stripes: 0
Dodge Viper GTS ACR with Cognac Interior with Stripes: 0

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some pictures:

You must be registered for see images

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that you will find one, honestly. ACR with Stripes, yes, but no stripes will be very hard. Lots have bit the dust. Others are overseas. Most of the owners I know will not sell. Maybe 10 cars out there? Maybe?

Here are some pictures:

PICT0126-2.jpg

Make sure that you get an "unfaded" car. So many of them have crappy paint. Cars above are correct. Obsidian seems to have a proper color car as well.

PICT0037.jpg

OP
OP
T

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you hear me from across state borders? That is me imitating Ralphie from the Christmas Story going "OOoooooooohhhhh ffffuuuuuuudge....."

Sure. Yes, of course. A prime example of the hard to find car that I want shows up months BEFORE I can grab it. Well, maybe it's a good omen. :D

Ok I've got it.... everyone hush up and don't share that link with anyone else. LOL! With the market what it is, the car should sit until I'm ready to have her shipped east.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that you will find one, honestly. ACR with Stripes, yes, but no stripes will be very hard. Lots have bit the dust. Others are overseas. Most of the owners I know will not sell. Maybe 10 cars out there? Maybe?

Here are some pictures:

PICT0126-2.jpg

Make sure that you get an "unfaded" car. So many of them have crappy paint. Cars above are correct. Obsidian seems to have a proper color car as well.

PICT0037.jpg
Is there a problem with Sapphire cars fading? I am assuming mine is not faded at all since it only has 1500 miles and spent its life in a garage. :lmao: Sapphire is definitely one of the BEST colors there is IMHO.

Dealmaker also has a super low mile ACR for sale but it has stripes. Personally I think GTS's look better with stripes and RT10's look better without but I guess everybody is entitled to their opinions. That is why they make salt AND pepper, right.

Too bad you are not ready as that car on autotrader is even priced right. Usually ACR's are pulling in atleast low 60's if they are nice and have super low miles. That one seems like a steal. But then it is going into winter (time to buy). :dunno:

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Premier Auto Sales had two last time I looked. There are about 60+ Vipers, along with Lambos, Ferrari's etc, going to Springfield (Missouri) for a Barbecue and cruise sponsored by Premier this weekend. I can take some "real" photos of the cars if you are interested. They have sold a lot of Vipers to people here in the Midwest.

BTW...Sapphire is the fastest color......

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a problem with Sapphire cars fading? I am assuming mine is not faded at all since it only has 1500 miles and spent its life in a garage. :lmao: Sapphire is definitely one of the BEST colors there is IMHO.

Dealmaker also has a super low mile ACR for sale but it has stripes. Personally I think GTS's look better with stripes and RT10's look better without but I guess everybody is entitled to their opinions. That is why they make salt AND pepper, right.

Too bad you are not ready as that car on autotrader is even priced right. Usually ACR's are pulling in atleast low 60's if they are nice and have super low miles. That one seems like a steal. But then it is going into winter (time to buy). :dunno:

1500 miles?!?!? DRIVE IT!!!! :D

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1500 miles?!?!? DRIVE IT!!!! :D
I just bought it with 995 miles on it. I put over 500 of those miles on it. It would have even more if I didn't have that health setback that screwed me out of driving it for like a month. :(

I am glad the last guy didn't drive it much as it is that many more miles I can put on it. :2tu:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would say fading is more the rule than not the rule. From many of the cars I have seen, you can tell/see the fade IMHO.

Forgive the link, but it is actually somewhat valuable information. The author has a right.
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art7312.asp

I used to work under one of the top guys in the nation on coating applications/care. He made HUGE dollars. Great guy. Problems abound with red and dark blue cars. Possibly one of the reasons why the dark blue Vipers are so rare, because the possibility of fade exists. Dodge did not want to deal with it. Look at a lot of the minivans out there from Dodge. Same paint. You will see what I mean regarding the color.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought it with 995 miles on it. I put over 500 of those miles on it. It would have even more if I didn't have that health setback that screwed me out of driving it for like a month. :(

I am glad the last guy didn't drive it much as it is that many more miles I can put on it. :2tu:

Sorry to hear about your health condition. Enjoy your VIPER!!!!!! Lovely color combo by the way.

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say fading is more the rule than not the rule. From many of the cars I have seen, you can tell/see the fade IMHO.

Forgive the link, but it is actually somewhat valuable information. The author has a right.
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art7312.asp

I used to work under one of the top guys in the nation on coating applications/care. He made HUGE dollars. Great guy. Problems abound with red and dark blue cars. Possibly one of the reasons why the dark blue Vipers are so rare, because the possibility of fade exists. Dodge did not want to deal with it. Look at a lot of the minivans out there from Dodge. Same paint. You will see what I mean regarding the color.

No fading on mine:D
P4240007.jpg

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealmaker,

I actually commented on your specific car before. From your pictures, despite the obvious flaw in getting the stripes,:D , your car has the right hew. The low light shots that you have of your car have been amazing. If I am correct, I believe I saw your car actually for sale elsewhere. There was no mistaking your car.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No fading on mine:D
P4240007.jpg

Your car is probably one of the only Sapphire cars that has seen less sunlight than mine. :lmao:

I just washed mine tonight to get it ready for another coat of Zaino and noticed it just turned 1600 miles. I almost put half the miles on this car and I have only had it for a few months.

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealmaker,

I actually commented on your specific car before. From your pictures, despite the obvious flaw in getting the stripes,:D , your car has the right hew. The low light shots that you have of your car have been amazing. If I am correct, I believe I saw your car actually for sale elsewhere. There was no mistaking your car.

Your car is probably one of the only Sapphire cars that has seen less sunlight than mine. :lmao:

I just washed mine tonight to get it ready for another coat of Zaino and noticed it just turned 1600 miles. I almost put half the miles on this car and I have only had it for a few months.

Washed?:omg: You mean with water?:( You will have to show me sometime(on yours!) :2tu: Patentlaw has a very nice Sapphire car....they forgot to stripe it though. I hear there is a recall for that, call Chuck Tator:lmao:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Washed?:omg: You mean with water?:( You will have to show me sometime(on yours!) :2tu: Patentlaw has a very nice Sapphire car....they forgot to stripe it though. I hear there is a recall for that, call Chuck Tator:lmao:

How do you wash yours? But then you have to drive it to get it dirty for it to require a washing. :rolaugh: Of course I use Zaino and a leaf blower so every speck of water just blows right off of it.
I know, who would buy a GTS without stripes. :omg: ;) :dunno: :lmao:
Thats what RT10's are for.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it funny to read about owners that pride themselves of how FEW miles they have on their cars. I don't mean ANY ridicule. It's just SUCH a different "ownership" perspecive than mine. I just think you guys should not call yourselves Viper owners, but rather Viper collectors.

It took me a good 5,000 miles just to learn some of the driving quirks of the car. Probably 10,000 miles to begin to understand the mechanical needs and maintenance. You guys haven't even filled your gas tanks more than 3-4 times! :rolaugh:

Oh...hehe...and my SC'd RT/10 is listed in the classifieds. No fade...just lots of SWEEEET miles!

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it funny to read about owners that pride themselves of how FEW miles they have on their cars. I don't mean ANY ridicule. It's just SUCH a different "ownership" perspecive than mine. I just think you guys should not call yourselves Viper owners, but rather Viper collectors.

It took me a good 5,000 miles just to learn some of the driving quirks of the car. Probably 10,000 miles to begin to understand the mechanical needs and maintenance. You guys haven't even filled your gas tanks more than 3-4 times! :rolaugh:

Oh...hehe...and my SC'd RT/10 is listed in the classifieds. No fade...just lots of SWEEEET miles!

I never called myself a "Viper owner" , it appered under my name. Thanks for clearing it up though. :rolleyes: Dealmaker
" Viper collector"

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never called myself a "Viper owner" , it appered under my name. Thanks for clearing it up though. :rolleyes: Dealmaker
" Viper collector"
My appologies for offending. Until you pointed it out, I didn't even realize that owners that are not members are "titled" as "Viper Owners". I was just offering a different perspective. It was not intended to be directed at anyone in particular....just "you guys".

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealmaker and AgentF1 have the best looking Sapphire Blues I have ever seen on the boards.

AgentF1 you need to get those wheels up to Jersey at some point!!!!

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Sapphire GTS with silver stripes, for sale. It is listed at Vipersforsale, here under classified. It has many upgrades including Penske suspension, complete Belanger exhaust system, and Srt brakes. Better than a ACR. I am 67 years old, bought it new and it has been babyed since new. 13K miles. I have a new 08 ordered which will be here in a month or so (I hope), and am an extremely motivated seller! Check it out on the Vipersforsale website.