got a ticket in cali higways over 100 ph

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few states will inpond your car if you get a real nasty ticket. I would hate to see my Viper getting driven around by the local county cops with a big sticker on it that says it was donated by a reckless driver.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a friendly bit of free advice. My good friend is a lawyer and he told me to always plead not guilty to speeding tickets and insists on a jury trial. He also told me to postpone the court date and when you arrive and the prosecutor calls you, you should ask to see the policeman's written case report. If these is no report they have to throw the case out by law here in Connecticut. It worked for me last month for a bogus ticket I received for 85 mph when I was going 0 mph. I was sitting in the grass on the side of the highway talking on my phone for 15 minutes with a customer when a cop arrived and told me I was speeding. After they threw the case out I spoke with the judge and he told me that the CT State Police were under investigation for all the bogus tickets they had been writing.

_Niz_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had traffic school about 2 yrs ago and they told me the "cop is a no show, you can go free" is a thing of the past. As I understand it, he doesnt have to be present.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got lucky last summer. Bud and I were out on our bikes. He was behind me trying to catch me and gunned it for about 2 seconds. Cop coming the other way came throught the ditch and pulled him over. 169 kph in a 100 kph zone. Gave him a stern talking to and told him to slow down. Let him go with nothing. 1/2 hour before this I got pulled over by a totally different cop. He was right behind me in a ghost Ford Explorer. No lights, decals, nothing. Wasnt a big deal as I just did about a 50 ft wheelie and didnt take off fast at all. Heard the siren and started to laugh. Knew I was screwed. Cop came up and was really cool. Told me to settle down and said have a nice day. No ticket. We went home after that. It was the first time 20 years of riding a motorbike that I had ever been pulled over and it happened 2 times that night. No tickets, no points.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly, my long hair, the Viper and mouth get me in more than enough trouble with the PoPo. I would recommend you hire the assistant prosecutor with a nice retainer and just watch...My co-worker did this, and plead to "double parking" and the $1590.00 total including the ticket seemed pretty good because his initial charge was driving without a license for the 2nd time and no insurance either....supposedly it's a mandatory jail sentence here in Jersey....lucky him! The assistant prosecutor scheduled the case for a night when he was on, and the judge simply ran through the most expensive parking ticket without question....I think they call it justice.

I wasn't so lucky, I got a ticket for Careless Driving for leaving a toll too loud and too fast for the officer's liking. (never spun the tires, nor did I break the speed limit) I made 5 court appearances and finally got railroaded through a guilty verdict. Yeah, it was the communists in Tinton Falls....thankfully I helped build them a new court/municipal building!!! What a great citizen I am!

Oh yeah, I immediately was rejected by the collector car insurance companies for this serious charge.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In VA, 20 mph over the limit is Reckless Driving and you get 6 points. A good lawyer would be one that plays golf with the judge. It has little to do with knowledge of the law.

DrDJ

D

DAMN YANKEE

Its California...you'll be perfectly fine.

Singing in the Vienna Boys choir as the alto.

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was ticeketed in Arizona, three of us passing a line of cars/ trucks, we passed a un-marked Highway patrol car also, he pulled us over, I was ticketed for 114 in a 65. I had to go to driving school ($100) and that was it. had to do with how the officer wrote the ticket (criminal vs. civil) I got very lucky. :shocked:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang