Got Busted Street Racing!!!!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
once again, that person is taking the risk when boating, or eat potato chips. When you "Street race" you are taking that risk FOR them. what would happen if you hit a car and killed a whole family? or killed both parents? would YOU feel like it wasn't your fault because they took the risk when they went out driving that day?... your ideals are flawed. Street racing is illegal for a reseaon. no matter what you say, it will be wrong.

Once again I'm not wrong! Yes, they do assume a certain risk when they venture out onto a public road. When you go 3 mph over the speed limit, you're commiting the same hideous act that the street racers are! It's illegal, and that's why laws are in place to prevent it. I'm willing to bet you speed, at least occasionally. You do? I thought so! It's WRONG! You're a bad, bad man! I'd venture to guess you've never been to the street races. It's not done in rush hour traffic! It's done in the middle of the night when most "innocent" people are asleep. It's done where there is no traffic. These people don't seek out the busiest highway they can, to stop and race. They find streets in between warehouses, and abandoned strips of road where they aren't easily noticed by police. Generally the people that do get hurt are people that came to participate, or at least watch. And how often does that actually happen? They are knowingly eating the potato chip. You thought Fast and Furious was authentic, didn't you? Thought so.

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moundir...

Chuck is dead on(although he ain't much of a poet :smirk: ). As he says, this board, nor any board, is the place to discuss taking yours and someone else's life into harms way. Follow Chuck's lead and take the racing to the track and if you do "have" to race anywhere else...please be careful. We like having you here in the Viper nation.

CStegall

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, the race was at a beach at 7AM. There is no other streets with traffic, no houses, no people and no cars! Also no place to run...maybe if you had a fast boat LOL. Last year there was a cop with Camaro getting rides in fast cars there. We all know that the only people in danger were those that were racing. Nobody is talking here about racing on 5th ave in Manhattan.

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigCarrot...

C'mon dude...you know that eating potato chips aren't THAT dangerous :D . And what some of us are saying here is that we would like to write our own obituary...and not have some knucklehead trying to prove his bravado on a boulevard do it for us.
Streets were never designed for racing. Tracks are designed for racing. Period.

CStegall

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Take it to the track!
If you really want to know what your Snake will do, you'll only be able to find out on a track.
It's so much more fun, because you can focus on your driving, not where the cops are hiding or when some 5 year old is going to run out onto the street in front of you.

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually, i was in a car accident, i WAS hit by a street racer, I was out at 3 AM working, IT WAS a blind corner, HE was at fault. HE was in the wrong lane. HE was lucky i wasnt killed. it was NOT my fault. HE made the mistake.... and yes... i was innocent...

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Accidents happen ALL the time! MANY MANY more accidents are caused by housewives than by street racers! The media has blown it WAY out of proportion! The way it's done here isn't that dangerous. There is no traffic. I know potato chips aren't THAT dangerous, and that's exactly my point. Life in general is a risk. Everything you do is risky. You know, when you get in your car and go for a drive at 3 in the morning that the odds of getting hit by a drunk driver are much greater. I would hate to think that that could happen, or that I could choke on a potato chip, but I know it could. I still take the risk. Street racing isn't THAT dangerous either, if some common sense is used. Sure, if you're racing at 140 mph on a busy street, it's dangerous, and STUPID! I guess that's what you guys must be talking about.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fortunatly there are more housewives on the road than street racers.

Why increase the odds of any accident.
At least if you choke on a potato chip, i don't have to worry about my family being involved. Unless of coarse, your choking on the chip while your street racing :rolleyes:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potatoe :D chips might not be deadly but pretzels are...just ask the President..... :D

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
big carrot. thanks again for taking my life into your hands.

Dan, aren't you being a little dramatic here? Just give Big Boy your cell # and he will make sure to call you before he makes a top speed run so you can pull to the side and watch him go by! :smirk:

You guys who sit on your high horses just let the street racing guys get to you! You just have to realize that some guys will and some will not!I do not see what is the big deal!

I agree that kids/and unexperienced so-called bad-asses who do not know how to drive are a danger to everybody on the road, but some of these guys here can drive and are making a distinction between the two extremes of not knowing anything and running high speeds to the other extreme of having experience and knowing where to get in a run here and there on a closed track or deserted highway. Don't let people get to you man.

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have nothing against make'n a run down the freeway... its when they say that it doesnt matter if they do it, and they think that they can risk others lives i get upset, ohwell tho. i will let it go, fighting on the internet is just dumb.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Eldiablo and BlacknBlack said, this was done at 7:30am on a wide open highway with close to no traffic. All you guys that are busting balls about street racing are all hypocrites if you take your car to 100mph you are endagering others as well, so get off my back.
You must be registered for see images
There is a place and time for everything, that is why I pick and choose my spots.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Dan, when you make that "run down the freeway", I know you can get your car to 100+ in no time. What happens if a tire blows and you cross the median and hit a minivan full of kids? The difference of an impact at 60 and one at 100 is huge. You're just as guilty!!!! :eek: You just don't have another car next to you! What's the damned difference?! VERY thin line there Dan!

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as i said, arguing on the internet is dumb, and i have no need to explain why i do what i do to you.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigCarrot...

C'mon dude...you know that eating potato chips aren't THAT dangerous :D .

No, but eating pretzels almost killed the leader of the free world! And the secret service could do nothing to protect him :eek:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as i said, arguing on the internet is dumb, and i have no need to explain why i do what i do to you.

So, in other words, what you're saying is that when you get beat down in an internet argument, you decide it's dumb. Right? It is dumb, but you've been doing it all morning! Sorta like street racing? Please don't explain why you do what you do to me. I could care less, but don't be a hypocrit and cop a "greater than thou" attitude with me because of what I do!

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems there is a lot of concern over our powersteering caps. At Carolina Motorsports Park yesterday my Viper and a friends Viper both lost the cap and had some spillage. My car was steaming/smoking and we were both pretty concerned knowing this had been a problem (as in your car is now a pile of ashes).

My bud thought that the pressure caused by excessive (meaning more than usual) heat put pressure on the cap that the little hole wasn't capable of bleeding off.

I purchased a tiny tiny K&N breather at the track, drilled out the breather hole to about 3x it's original size and installed the breather on the cap stalk with the design intention being that it wouldn't spill over onto the headers. I then took a tie wrap and went under the new breather around the nearest aluminum line that is just inboard of the cao so that if it loosened it wouldn't be "lost".

Seemed to work.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had boiled power steering at the track too. Bill P told me to install a catch bottle over the cap. That worked. When at Chucks I changed the fluid to RedLine, moved the hose away from the headers and that solved my problem.

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is something from the NY penal law for you (moundir) to look over:

A person is guilty of ****** in the second degree when:

2. Under circumstances evincing a depraved indifference to human life, he recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to another person, and thereby causes the death of another person; or

You dont need to kill an innocent bystander to be guilty - just the other racer or his passenger or your passenger would be enough. When you eventually kill someone, give me a call I'll give you a viper discount if you hire me to defend you!

I usually keep the above in mind every time someone wants to race me - unfortunately, I must admit in the past I haven't always heeded the warning.Now I usually do.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what, you guys are right! I'm a changed man! Wow! This is a great feeling! So refreshing! A great burden has been lifted from my shoulders! I'll never street race again!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah right!

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, not for nothing..But we all, all of us have taken the Viper up high.No one on this board, not even the mods can say they drive 55. The strip that Moundir races has no intersections. To describe how it is, on your left beaches, on your right beaches..Straight, long, three lanes.The only person who would get hurt is the racer... Theres no proven diference on 60 and 100...You blow a tire on both speeds your history...So give the guy some slack.If it was racing on blv or street, I'll be the first to lecture the guy, but this is an unbelievable 7 mile strip...

Reaction score
Guys, not for nothing..But we all, all of us have taken the Viper up high.No one on this board, not even the mods can say they drive 55.

Darn! I better go find that thread where I posted about Slaughter's trip up a few weekends ago!! Uh.....that was....uh.....someone else using my computer! Yeah, thats it! Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! :)

Reaction score
How fast were you going tony??

THIS IS NOT TONY!!! Triple digits is about as much as I am about to say....but of course this was on a "closed track", and to be quite honest, about the only thing at risk was the four of us and some trees (GREAT...here comes Greenpeace!!!). LOL! :)

Hey, get away from my computer!

What are you doing....I'm trying to talk with Yo-Tony?!?!?

I told you not to post lies about me, now fu-getaboutit!

I gotta go before Tony (not Yo-Tony) kills me!!

:) :D

Danny c

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there that day, no one from NY can comment on this because you do not no the road. It was only built to support beach traffic during the summer and at the time it was 40 out so no beach Traffic! Moudir is not some immature kid in a civic that has no driving skills or restraint. Everyone out that day was an adult taking there cars out for a cruise with other performance cars just for fun......of course we are going to mess around but we didnt shut down the whole road and had the intention to race. The only reason we got pulled over is because we had a cop on his way to work driving next to us.
-Danny

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We do have a little hornet nest here.... hehehe

Of course - I never speed.

:D

there's a big difference between a little friendly rivallry that even the cops engage in amongst themsleves - and - "on the edge" driving. If we can't stop in half the CLEAR distance we can see - we're going too fast.

We've all "had a go" to some extent at some time or we'd all be driving a Russian Lada or a Civic. I know that I've thrown many races just because the other guy got silly and dangerous - it's not worth it - adrenalin takes over and their brains turn to crap - so I let them go and take their "win". Those that can't do that have something to prove - and therein lies a deeper personal problem. A peek (and a sniff) into a few body bags would convince most that the need to prove something is worth "getting over" until it can be done "safely".

all i know is that i want to die peacefully in my sleep - like my grandaddy
...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car! :eek:

:D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog