Got my new car today!!! New ACR!

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I have been on the board for a long time and finally picked up my car from Chuck Tator (he graciously agreed to have the car delivered to him). Before I drone on about this car I have to let everyone out there that doesnt know, Chuck is one of the nicest people around. Chuck agreed to accept delivery of my car, check it out for me, top off all fluids, road test (I know this one is questionable ha, ha), and show me everything about the car. I guess I am REAL fortunate that he is located only 10 minutes from my house (sorry to rub it in guys). OK now for the good stuff. Don't worry Chuck the care package should be there next week.

I can't stop smiling. When does this go away? Do I need plastic surgery to remove it? The attention you get in this car is simply unreal. One guy even snapped a picture of me while we were on the highway and this is all during my first 50 miles! I cant imagine the sories of outrageous things people have done.

OK now for specifics it is a 2001 ACR race yellow with black stripes. I spent quite a while looking for a used ACR without the comfort package and due to the fact there were only 4 (in 2001) made I guess I was pretty lucky to find one that was still new. I guess waiting the extra year really worked in my favor. Not only did I get a REAL good deal on it I also get the 7/70 warranty. I promise to get some pics up soon but I am too excited to mess with taking pictures right now.

The Color: I was real nervous about this color. My main focus was the optioning of the car so when I found one that was yellow I was less than ecstatic. Let me say this color combination is stunning! The black stripes really set it off. While I initially was looking for saphire (which I still believe is very nice), I am beaming over the color scheme.

The ride: Chuck dialed me in at the shop and I must admit the ride is actually far better than I was expecting. I read many a horror story on these boards about how stiff the ACR suspension is. I found it really comfortable and pleasant.

The wheels are awesome, the car is awesome I gotta get back to the garage and look at it again. I just thought I owed it to you guys to share in my jubilation due to the fact that I have gained soo much knowledge on this board. I almost feel guilty.

OK enough, gotta go....she is calling!

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, CONGRATS
embarass.gif
embarass.gif
embarass.gif

Second, you CAN'T tease us without posting PICs...NEED PICS...

And forget about Chuck...As I said before, he is moving to Northern California soon...he is ours!!!!

Tomer

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
46hemi, Welcome aboard!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tomer:
And forget about Chuck...As I said before, he is moving to Northern California soon...he is ours!!!!

Tomer

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And he's bringing his dealership with him!!!
laugh.gif

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the World of Vipers, and Chuck Tator.
Neither one will disappoint you.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lucky you, ACR and 10 minutes away from Chuck Tator!

I have been secretly working on a Chuck Tator Cloning experiment,

Will be posting pics soon! (almost done)

Regards,

2Charmed

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
please confirm. yours is 1 of 4 no comfort group 2001?

regardless, awesome. 46hemi, you always wanted a hemi superbee i bet. now you have something better. your colors are my favorite. enjoy. word is loweriong the car about 3/4" really is nice. watch that front facia, its realllllllly low.

take care,

Jason

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
46hemi,
Welecome to my Viper family!! Now be sure and practise your wave.
supergrin.gif

2charmed,
Would you give me the fomula for the Left Leg again! It still comes out to short?
eek.gif
Should I shake or stir?

OP
OP

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

According to the stats here (confirmed by D-C) they made 4 without comfort in 2001. I dont know the colors of the other 3. This thing is unreal.

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My congratulations also...my new 01 Red/Silver GTS arrived this morning and I've been standing in the garage like an idiot just staring at it..I'm in NW Florida where Tropical Storm Hanna is deluging us so I haven't had it out of the garage...but I open the garage door, start it up and listen to the Corsa exhaust and can't stop smiling either...best wishes...Paul

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Yellow brotherhood!!!

Yellow highjacks yet another thread
laugh.gif

"The Color: I was real nervous about this color. My main focus was the optioning of the car so when I found one that was yellow I was less than ecstatic. Let me say this color combination is stunning! The black stripes really set it off. While I initially was looking for saphire (which I still believe is very nice), I am beaming over the color scheme."

You have yellow fever my friend
supergrin.gif

Enjoy!

and congrats

JIM
smile.gif

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations 46hemi!

The sapphire blue would have been a nice selection too - I sure do enjoy mine. Going out to the garage to stare is a disease for which there is no cure. But, there is a treatment. Plenty of light to view the car and an ice cold beer. Then it looks even better! Enjoy!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant