Got my Valve Covers back from Powdecoat (Pics)

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I plan to run a Roe SC in the near future and I bought a set of used valve covers off of ebay to play around with in the hopes of creating something to go with the SC and my vehicle, a '99 silver RT.

This was the result:

You must be registered for see images

I had my local powdercoating guys strip the original red wrinkle for a smooth silver, actually it's a two part powdercoat, a smooth silver with a smooth gloss clear over the top. The effect is a very rich metallic silver that is almost a dead knock off of the Viper silver paint. They masked the detail work (logo and viperhead symbols) of the valve covers which I afterwards polished using a little 2000 grit sand paper and billet aluminum polish, a technique I have used to brighten up the logos on my existing valve covers which works quite well. The "supercharged" graphics are ones I created on the computer, using a font I had seen before, stretched out a bit, which my local graphics shop cut out of gloss black acrylic. Finally, the oil cap is a Roe Racing plain billet aluminum piece.

Some more pics:

I think the end result turned out real nice. They should look good on the silver RT with a polished Roe SC and intake runners powdercoated to match.

The coolest part is just how much these things sparkle in the sunlight, I tried to capture that with this last digital camera shot:

Enjoy!

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
Those are beautiful! The glitter effect that was done on them is known as the Prism effect in powdercoating and look even crazier on dark color powders.

Look at my signature, im kinda partial to powdercoating and stripes lol!

Get pics up when they are installed with everything :)

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My powder coater recently started shooting a dark grey crinkle and I was planning on doing my valve covers and intake in that (the powder coater's crinkle silver is way too bright), but your smooth silver looks great so maybe I'll have to think about it some more.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of changing colors in the engine bay, but those look nice! At least you did the entire cover as opposed to grinding and polishing the tops.

Still don't know why anyone needs to add a supercharged "label" right next to the supercharger (under the hood), but at least you chose to be a bit subtle. Where are you planning to put the "engine" label?

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Classy look, would look good with the standard intake done likewise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4