Got reminded how kool vipers are

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I went to watch the movie The Mechanic today..Good movie BTW..Then she sugested we get some KFC..So while driveing through the parking lot I noticed about 250 cars all parked in the lot. But these wernt your everyday cars. Were talking a solid 100 old school hot rods and vettes/stangs/ashton martins ect.

So I cruise through checking out the rides and out of nowere the 5 guys direct me to the very first row in the number one spot right under a bright light...Basically the first car people will see as they start to drive through...So my yellow vert was their next to a show quality hotrod and 4 c6's were parked behind me with Lambo doors and stickers and stripes and all that other stuff they think looks nice...

So I walk through with my wife and a few minutes later as Im checking out an old Lambo I hear people talking of a Viper being there...Well I hadnt seen one yet and as far as I knew mine was the only one.

So after about 20 minutes of checkin out all the various rides I got back to my viper...Now at only 31 I guess Im not what people are expecting as a potential srt10 owner but man this group of vette owners were all around the car talkin about it right in front of me unaware that I was the owner...But not really in a positive way.."well it's a viper....They still makein em.....Then a crowd came around the car and a 15-17 year old girl yelled out..OMG a viper!!!!!!!! And the vette owners all looked confused as if a magician had just done the worlds most amazeing trick and made their cars disapear...Finally I came forward and said yea they arent makeing them anymore...Oh its yours..Yep..What year is it...Its a 2003..

It was really a weird situation..When I was a vette owner I would praise the viper all day and tell the owner how much I loved the car ect...These guys seemed like they couldnt take their eyes off the car and couldnt stop talking about the car but at the same time wouldnt admit they liked it..

But it didnt matter to much..Everyone else loved it!!!!!!!!

The weirdest thing that really got my attention is that their was a stock looking silver C6Z06 their and it got passed up like it didnt even exist...I love the C6Z06's but this really showed me how the general public feels about 75K vettes...No differant than they did about the 50K vettes parked behind me it seemed :dunno:

Great experiance and I honestly thought in a lot full of tricked out vettes and old school hot rods/lambos /ashton martins/Old school Cobras that the 03 SRT10 wouldnt get to much attention...I was very wrong and it was kool to see how much of a presence these cars really have even when stacked up against other really nice rides:headbang:

justingeer82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
everytime i stop to get gas (haa who doesnt driving these) mine draws more attention than i like.

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I totally feel you on this one. I am 33 and no one expects me to own a Viper. Everytime I take it out someone is staring, giving a thumbs up pointing it out. Total rock star status. i never get over this.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ghoust you got more pics of the stripes ect..Lovin the look

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ghoust you got more pics of the stripes ect..Lovin the look

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

enjoy.

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must say I was never really a fan of stripes on a vert but seeing the red with black stripes has kind of changed my mind, can anyone Photoshop the 2010 stripes on a red vert, you know narrow in front to wide in back top up? Just thinking ahead as I would like to have a vert also.

pgbeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last year was my first year for owning a Viper. The first car show I took it to I won a trophy for best Mopar, I was hooked. Since then I have meant a few people that I stay in touch with and we went to a show every weekend.
On one occation a younger couple came up to me and the girl really like the car and wanted to go for a ride so when the boyfriend (joking) asked for the keys I (joking) said sorry its just a two seater.

On another occation I meant a country singer who wanted some pictures so
she used my car. Another time a young girl in a wheel chair was taking pictures of all the cars and I asked her if she would like to sit in the Viper and have her picture taken, you had to be there, it made my day and hers. I love the attention the car gets and I can't wait till spring so I can do it all over again!

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep the Viper does draw tons of attention, some good some not so good. Im fortunate to have a 07-ZO6, both my dream cars. Now i need a job .....LOL

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There's a relatively large cruise-in during the Spring/Summer here(300+ cars). I would try to make it there at least once a month. Lots of great rides. Musclecars, Gassers, Ratrods, Late Models, and Exotics.

My old vette club would generally have about a dozen C6's there. Most were either C6Z's and/or Lingenfelter cars. My previous LPE C6 got plenty of attention for it's mods, but nothing compares to the attention the SRT gets. The C6Z's tend to get passed by quickly when I park next to them. On one occasion a new ZR1 pulled in two spots down... argueably the Viper was still pulling more looks than the ZR1 was.

Perhaps my favorite was when a vintage Pantera pulled in I walked down to give the owner a thumbs up. When he got out of the car I heard him say to an inquisitive few - "I'll be right back, I saw a Viper on my way in and I have to go down and see that thing".

These cars are Rockstars. Never gets old.

Last edited:

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best story I have like this was my wife wanted to go to some outlets here in NC, and a 21'ish year old kid told me I had "The baddest F$%*ing car on the Planet!!" :cool:

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That same kid must get around. At a stop light a few months ago, he rolled down his passenger window and leaned OVER his passenger to tell ME the same thing!

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They definitly are attention grabbers. In my first year of ownership I was kind of caught off guard by all the attention. I was used to flying somewhat low on the "attention radar" in my even very load Dakota R/T. But the Viper is a differant story, I got used to it by the end of the season. Know I know how a rock star feels :headbang: :headbang:

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's kind of cool seeing the reaction from the little kids who have only seen the cars in the new video games. When one actually drives by, they get real excited, yell at their friends to look, and point. One thing i try to keep in mind after over 4 years of ownership, is to always remember that although I see it everyday and am used to the attention... to try and not come across as a **** to someone who may be seeing one for the first time. I always try and wave back or at least let them know i appreciate the compliments.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good call.

I had an opportunity to talk with an owner of a Muircelago recently. While the guy was cordial, I'll never forget that despite him knowing nothing about me or what I owned, he acted a bit like I was beneath him. Speaking to my enthusiasm for Lambos that dated back to my childhood, his attitude was very blasé about the car. Shame, as that is clearly my impression of a Lambo owner now.

It's kind of cool seeing the reaction from the little kids who have only seen the cars in the new video games. When one actually drives by, they get real excited, yell at their friends to look, and point. One thing i try to keep in mind after over 4 years of ownership, is to always remember that although I see it everyday and am used to the attention... to try and not come across as a **** to someone who may be seeing one for the first time. I always try and wave back or at least let them know i appreciate the compliments.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That same kid must get around. At a stop light a few months ago, he rolled down his passenger window and leaned OVER his passenger to tell ME the same thing!

:rolaugh::rolaugh:

Precisely! That's the only reason I take it to car shows etc, because I know people don't get to see them very often, or if ever.

Good call.

I had an opportunity to talk with an owner of a Muircelago recently. While the guy was cordial, I'll never forget that despite him knowing nothing about me or what I owned, he acted a bit like I was beneath him. Speaking to my enthusiasm for Lambos that dated back to my childhood, his attitude was very blasé about the car. Shame, as that is clearly my impression of a Lambo owner now.

Only Lambo (Gallardo) owner I spoke to was actually a really cool guy. I walked up and ask him if that was his car, he said yes I complimented him on it(BRAND NEW temp plates still Nera). He said thanks but I know your Viper is a faster car, I said well........ that's true. :rolaugh:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i probably shouldnt say on here what happened to me once at ******* with a hottie i found outside by my car.:headbang:

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good call.

I had an opportunity to talk with an owner of a Murcielago recently. While the guy was cordial, I'll never forget that despite him knowing nothing about me or what I owned, he acted a bit like I was beneath him. Speaking to my enthusiasm for Lambos that dated back to my childhood, his attitude was very blasé about the car. Shame, as that is clearly my impression of a Lambo owner now.

That is only one Lambo owner who wasn't really a carguy. My friend owns a DeTomaso Pantera , anniversary Lambo Countach , Lambo Diablo and guess what ? Two Vipers ! A 1994 Hennessey Venom and a 1999 GTS upgraded to 650 HP by westcoast vipers.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally feel you on this one. I am 33 and no one expects me to own a Viper. Everytime I take it out someone is staring, giving a thumbs up pointing it out. Total rock star status. i never get over this.
It's not your age, it's the car. I'm a little *ahem* older and get the same reactions.

My 16 yo daughter was telling me how it was the most embarassing car in the world as were were driving along. Just as she said it, a guy in a pick-up pulled over to watch us drive by. She slunk down into the seat and I laughed my **** off. :2tu:

Of course, when prom rolled around she wanted to know if she could use it. I said sure, I'll drop her off and go back and pick up her date. hahahaha i don't think that's what she had in mind. The mini cooper worked just fine. :)

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most people think that parents bought mine. They don't understand how a 24 yr old could have a car like that. It's funny because it comes from most old guys the younger ones always seem to like it lol.

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A fews years ago (2007 I think) one of the local SCCA regions asked to use my Viper T1 racer in their display at the Cleveland Auto Show. They said the car drew more attention than anything they had ever put on display before. The joke was that I could have financed a full year's race season if I charged $1 for pictures of the car.

tpduke112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
def know that feeling. I was at a Univ of Tennessee football game this fall and after the game, I was driving back to a friends apt to shower and change (it was an afternoon game). I had no choice but to drive down the strip because I was parked on it. Let's just say, it was one of the more interesting drives Ive had. Some 19 or 20 year old girl ran out into the middle of the street in front of the car and screamed "Oh my f**kin' God, is that a Viper?!?!?!" She was with three dudes and one of them said, "He must be compensating for something". I leaned out the window and said, "Nope, I have a big d*ck, too". He just put his head down.:rolaugh:

BillionDollarDan

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Ditto! Also 33 here. Vipers rule!

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the ashton martins...one was a 99 and compred to a 99 viper it was pretty lame....thing looked like a 2005 gto...my wife asked me what at all was special about it......now the other one appeared to be a 2008 or so....it had a much wider front end and could defiently give the srt's a run for their money...beautiful car.....the best car their was an old school blue and white cobra...now ive seen two other cobras in my life but never was it so apparent on how closely a gts mimicks a cobra....i literally thought this thing was a gts for about five seconds...as the hood was about halfway open and appears to open the samwe as a gts viper

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala