Got reminded how kool vipers are

Vip23er

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got my Viper when I was 27. I never get tired of the attention the car brings (I love it), but I do get tired occasionally of answering, "Is that your dads car? NOPE, All Mine!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story.

I get the quiet admiration from the ****'s with the SRT but the GTS would start a stampede from all of them.:lmao:

10SecSleeper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my Viper when I was 27. I never get tired of the attention the car brings (I love it), but I do get tired occasionally of answering, "Is that your dads car? NOPE, All Mine!

Same, I just got mine after just turning 27, state cop was confused how it was my car.

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most people think that parents bought mine. They don't understand how a 24 yr old could have a car like that. It's funny because it comes from most old guys the younger ones always seem to like it lol.

Same here,25 when I bought it last year. When I get asked if thats my car and I answer "yes", its usually always followed by "really" :)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Remember running around town , at 24, with a brand new Firebird Trans Am --- seemed the young ladies always took a glance.

Now at a few years older , okay a ton of friggin years older, those same young ladies are still looking over at the ACR. Who am I fooling , it must be me and my charming smile, can't be the car!

" Oh, hi, honey, didn't know you were checking out the threads on the Forum? " You say ,you have loved me for 33 years and I am a fairly handsome man, but.............................grow up , Willie, it's the car!!!" :rolaugh:

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hah yeah I'm 24 as well and not once has anyone asked me if it's "my" car. I shoot the **** with them and its all good.

sssikvipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am amazed at how many old ladies and old men comment on how its gorgeous, then they ask who makes it...and I say proudly...AMERICANS

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Remember running around town , at 24, with a brand new Firebird Trans Am --- seemed the young ladies always took a glance.

Now at a few years older , okay a ton of friggin years older, those same young ladies are still looking over at the ACR. Who am I fooling , it must be me and my charming smile, can't be the car!

" Oh, hi, honey, didn't know you were checking out the threads on the Forum? " You say ,you have loved me for 33 years and I am a fairly handsome man, but.............................grow up , Willie, it's the car!!!" :rolaugh:

Maybe that should be "slick *****.":)

ohno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lol this reminds me when I decided to take an extended drive from phoenix to dallas. I get to this middle of no where town while in transit and had to stop for gas (as we all do every couple hundred miles or so), and I guess the local high school was just coming back from a game or something considering these two school buses full of students got out and bomb rushed me out of no where. It honestly caught me off guard considering I've never been in this situation before. People kept asking if I was a rapper or an athlete; you should have seen the reactions when I said neither (I'm 23/ 98 gts) lol

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks...aston...got it....i think that was the first time id ever seen an aston...the newer one was pretty nice

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here,25 when I bought it last year. When I get asked if thats my car and I answer "yes", its usually always followed by "really" :)

I would get this same attitude everytime I was pulled over in my SRT8 300c, or if I went through the border. They just seem to assume that anyone under 35 can't afford better than a beat up honda civic. At the border I needed to show my insurance/registration and everything. Then he still wanted to look through the car, because he figured if a 24yr old could afford it, he must be a drug dealer. I hope the attention I will receive from buying a Viper will show to be a little more positive.

BTW, what the heck is an AsHton Martin?? Is that what Ashton Kutcher calls it when he buys an Aston Martin?? :rolaugh: Just buggin Twister, but maybe it will stick now.

EDIT- Oops, looks like someone beat me to it.

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year was my first year for owning a Viper. The first car show I took it to I won a trophy for best Mopar

I know what you mean. The first car show I took my 2006 blue vert to, I won best 1990-2008 car. There were Lambos, Ferraris and other cars there, but the Viper was easily the most popular car there. I didn't expect to win or even come close...I didn't even stick around to see the award ceremony. I left the show to grab something to eat and then as I was walking back I saw a crowd gathered and someone in the crowd saw me walking up and told me I'd won. This car never ceases to amaze me.

You must be registered for see images

snakestress

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we first got ours, we drove over to a friend's house. Not a few minutes after, people wanted their pictures taken with it and a crowd started hanging out around the car (overheard some people going, is that a Ferrari or a Lambo- say whuuut?! :crazy2:) Whenever we are out driving, there's always the occasional people hanging out of their cars taking pics/videos on their cellphones. :headbang:

Blue Blurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To those of you in their early 20's that are asked how you can afford a viper or that it must me your dad's car. I have a different problem. I am 64 and they ask me how I can afford a viper on social security or ask if it is my son's car.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I got my newest Viper (09 ACR) my buddy PythonPete had just got his ('10 ACR Bumblebee Vert) we met up for some break in miles down the Long Island Expressway.
Needless to say, we set off quite a frenzy of picture taking, swerving and thumbs.
It actually got kind of scary at one point as some guys were literally weaving out of their lanes craning to take a look.
It was like the circus hit town...Two ACR's at the same time.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited by a moderator:

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I bought mine at age 30 and I got a yellow coupe. It totally gets a lot of attention until my uncle pulls up in his 1965 titanium superformance Shelby cobra, everyone gravitates towards it. It's ok only cause it's family.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala