Government grants.

426Hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that there are many business owners on this site, so I thought this would be a good place for advice. Would it be possible to obtain a government grant, and use it to start a Viper rental business? I am ignorant of the ins and outs of the grant world so I do not know the specifics of obtaining said grant. If there was a $50k grant, I could purchase a used Viper and with money left over I could pay for advertising, website, papers, magazines ect. as well as the maint. and insurance costs. Just wondering if this seems like a feasible venture to pursue. Thanks in advance to all who offer advice.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We do some grantwriting and it helps if you are a minority citizen (or female) or have a 501(c)3 status (non-profit corp). There could possibly be a type of SBA loan available. In short, I would doubt it.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a minority citizen. I'm of Irish decent. Or is "minority" defined differently, as in "anyone not white?" Just curious.

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt you can obtain a grant for that, but check with your local Chamber of Commerce office. They normally have a Small Business Administration (SBA) division that helps with loans and they are normally at a lower interest rate than your local bank. Hope this helps.

OP
OP

426Hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after I get around to filing my military disability paperwork I think that I can qualify for some additional stuff. I was just wondering if my idea sounded feasible. I have been kicking around the idea of a small business and this was just one that popped into my mind. Having problems comming up with somthing viable. Thanks for the advice fellas.