Graffiti Artist strikes at VOI8! Hood Wasted!

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some morons decided that they needed to express their love and be able to find their names easily on the red hood that attendees signed at VOI8 in Dallas this past weekend. They signed their names and then framed it with a huge heart shape, right on top of dozens of other people's names. Their " artwork" really shows up and dominates everything else on the hood. One of our Ohio members, Paul Middlecoop, was the lucky winner of one of the two hoods that were given away in the drawing. He would have liked to have the red one, but settled for the silver, as the defacing was just too much to look at!! I only hope that their( The artists) relationship lasts longer than the buzz from the alcohol it took to do this selfish act! You two need to get a life and maybe a Corvette! I am totally disgusted with this and think that whoever did it owes everyone an apology!
Sam Goldfarb
Ohio VCA Secretary

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw that when we were leaving on Sunday. Didn't they put their names inside the heart? Easy enough to figure out from there. I find it interesting that some people do stuff like that and make huge signatures, knowing that it will be crammed with over 1000 others - assuming most sign the hoods. The heart thing was pretty inconsiderate.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That breaks my heart to see that! The name tags for this year are small....we were made to wear poster size tags at Vio.7

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to be the one who lets you know who it is, but they sat next to me at dinner the night of the "Hemi" comedian, and later when we were looking at the hood, I told my wife that it was pretty arogant of someone to do that, and then when we ran into this couple again, going down the escaltor, I almost gagged, when I saw their name tags and realized it was them. I think he is the current Southern California chapter president. I already forget their names, but it matched right when I was looking at the hood, and their badges, and then later in the decade book, I remember his name as a current or just recently current southern california president. I don't want to get his wife too upset, because he had a black eye at dinner, and she says she is a third degree black belt . ;-)

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That heart is pretty bad. I didn't think much of the large red and white cross sticker either (plainly visible in this photo)

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets get the scoop is the the cali pres...if so someone should really be takin over that role!

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PREZ", not Northern California

Just wanted to point that out. Maurice, the Northern Cal Prez helped start the whole VCA, and would never have done that to the hood.

Reaction score
Interesting rumor about the SoCal Pres.

For the record: That sig was not mine, I didn't have a black eye, I've been married for over 36 years, and if someone wants my position throw your hat in the ring - SoCal Elections are in process now.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, since Greg has already been slandered, and there shouldn't be any expectation of privacy when you sign your name in a GIANT FREAKING HEART - out with it - who is it?

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like there was quite a few other "artists" that drew other things. I wouldn't single anyone out just for some heart they drew.

Was there any sign that said, signatures ONLY please? Maybe Janni could be the signature police at the next event.

I seriously doubt they meant to offend anyone and I'm surprised something so trivial has.

If people would get this upset at a heart on a hood, you would hope they would get really upset at something important, like the fact that Kerry was nominated to run for President of this great country of ours, or Hurricane Ivan, or the slaughter of innocent children by terrorists in Russia...

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I feel like a big "PUTZ" Sorry Greg. I know the people that did this, I'm just getting names mixed up. I sat with them, and somebody said they did something to start the LA chapter, and he did have a black eye, and his future wife is a 3rd degree black belt, I did put two and two together when I saw their name on the hood, and then on the escalator, but when I saw the name in the decade book, I must have thought it was Greg. They are from Newport Beach, and have an srt-10 and they are getting married on the 24th of October, hence the big heart and that date on it. I knew I should not have mentioned anything. It always gets you in trouble. Sorry again, Greg. It doesn't make sense that a VCA prez would do something like this. Plus me not knowing you from Adam, I should not say anything bad about you. Sorry again. So does anybody know the couple from Newport Beach I am talking about?..... Maurice just e-mailed me and said it was Gerry and Linda Schmidt, and they were part of the original group to start up the LA chapter. :crazy:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look it, cratica, all I am saying is that it wasn't Greg and it was someone else that signed their name. And yes - it IS rude to take a big chunk of a hood that 1500 other folks might want to sign.

And, believe it or not, I can still care about terrorism, the election, hurricanes and stuff. No, this isn't a big deal - actually - I don't give a rip - just didn't want to see Greg slammed for something he didn't do.

Got anything else for me?

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The title was HOOD WASTED. Seems a bit dramatic.

I just don't think it's worth running someone's name through the mud when all they did was get a little excited and carried away. I don't think they were rude or are morons just because they did this. Careless and less thoughtful than they might have been? Maybe.

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
then again, I didn't see the hood, so maybe it stands out more in person. Maybe if it were my hood, I would feel the same way, dunno.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Lord... Cut the couple some slack.... I assume the alcohol was flowing at VOI and the excitement was high. I for one have done MUCH more idiotic things, and would hope my 'friends' would cut me a break. No need to publicly humiliate someone, IMO.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will side with Sam on this one to a certain degree. While I wouldn't say it was ruined, I would certainly say that it was inconsiderate at the very least: You can see (as we did in person) that they drew that giant heart and arrow over several other signatures - literally slashing them with this graffiti. Would you be happy if one of your signatures (that you signed in small letters to begin with) was obliterated by a giant drawing? Alcohol is no excuse for poor manners. I know Greg wouldn't do something like that because most VCA officers try to put their club before personal gain. That heart says otherwise about the person that did it.

(Man, sometimes I shudder when I act like my party-pooper dad) :ooo:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,
I was just about to post -

Unfortunately, it's just the underlying sense of entitlement that someone must have to think that they should 1) have a much bigger display than anyone else and 2) are callous enough to write OVER the others. it woulud have been bad enough if they had done this on an almost BLANK hood, but to obliterate others signatures to feature you own, well....

I've never been an early hood signer at VOIs. I don't know why, but I always end up in a louver or something. I wouldn't think of writing OVER someone else's signatures.

And about the alcohol thing - I've always said that alcohol doesn't really change you - it just amplifies your personality. It may have just given them the balls to do what they felt entitled to - and that's what I have a problem with.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kinda looks to me like the heart has a stinger on the bottom that points to someone. Let's hang them! I'll get the rope.

Something to think about: was the heart put on after or before the other signatures?

Also, the little cross in the bottom right is more "hogish" then the heart. I've seen it in past VOI hoods, and I'll bet you could see MANY places on all the three current hoods, that have someone writing over someone else. These are just very obvious. I DO agree that any of these situations is rude, but why is this any different then what you see every day on the road? We encounter it everywhere we go.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If You don't want it name your price! I'll see if its in my funny money budget!Looks like someone got a little carried away, thats all!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21