Great Picture of Bright Blue

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bright_Blue.jpg

From this thread, couple other pics inside as well.

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/615558-09-prototypes-nc.html

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like this pic for comparison of VB and some other colors ...maybe a bit more of a classic sports car color (than SSG or Orange)

DSC024331.jpg

...like this:
26751.jpg

Last edited:

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The violet is the best, followed by the snakeskin but the orange, venom red and blue don't really work for me. However, I can see where they are trying to match it to the old Cobras with the lighter shade. I still like the blue/white of the Daytona and original GTS.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good comparison Vipermann, and I think alot of folks will agree with you when they see the beast in blue personally. Those that have think it is a great color ------- kind of like the initial dislike of the green and then it took off when folks saw it.:2tu::2tu:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack. But, I am totally confused with VERY ORANGE... In some pictures Ive seen, it looks like a standard, fire engine "Red". Then in others (like the one above), it looks like Lambo Orange.. Cant wait to see one in person..

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly ... don't worry a lot of folks pick on Venom Red - but usually they haven't seen it either!

I've seen them all in person, and the Venom Red looks maroon. The orange is TOO orange (not like a lambo...more like a dreamsicle) and the blue is just not for me (but as stated above, I can see what they are trying to go for). I truly miss the yellow and silver, as all sports cars look great in yellow!

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any car called a Dodge Viper is okay by me! And if it has 600hp is is definitely on my good side and I don't care what color it is. With a body like that and the engine to boot.... you could put phone book print on it and it still looks great!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO that blue looks too dainty for a Viper.
Vipers need IN YOUR FACE colors, that's too polite.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can understand why some GTS Blue folks have less affection ...how dare there be any other blue for a Viper? But for too many years, there were way too few colors -- Black, Red and Silver when I bought my '05. (Henry Ford would have been proud.) I think the limit on colors for so many years put somewhat of a lid on Viper sales. Let's hope it's not too late now. :usa:

As for being 'polite,' GTS Blue may be more polite than this Viper Blue. ...But some folks want too look loud, and some folks like to walk more softly and carry a big V10.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
light blue coupe on ebay...

You must be registered for see images attach

states only 1 of 15 made

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack. But, I am totally confused with VERY ORANGE... In some pictures Ive seen, it looks like a standard, fire engine "Red". Then in others (like the one above), it looks like Lambo Orange.. Cant wait to see one in person..

It is fire engine red all the time except in the sun from what I have seen. The sun like most of the new colors for 08, brings out the color. Hopefully more will be ordered in 09 so that people will really be able to see more of this color.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've seen them all in person, and the Venom Red looks maroon. The orange is TOO orange (not like a lambo...more like a dreamsicle) and the blue is just not for me (but as stated above, I can see what they are trying to go for). I truly miss the yellow and silver, as all sports cars look great in yellow!

Nah... '08 colors do the Viper right and best of all they give us owners great choices. :2tu:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Haven't seen any ugly OE Viper colors. Some do look better than others.

Have seen a few modded Vipers that I wouldn't want ..... OK, I'd want them, I'd just have to re-paint them.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vote for Silver! It shows off the lines of the car best!

I agree that silver should be brought back into the color line-up. Silver really does look great on the Viper. Im pretty sure I will catch flack for this, but there is a brown color that Porsche came out with on the new 997 (I believe its the 997 anyway) and every time I see it I think its a color that would look great on the Viper. There is a Porsche at my job that is this color and it looks really good (my opinion of course).

I dont know if this is the exact color, but this brown is nice too. Either way, the brown Im referring to and the brown in this link are both nice and I think would both look aggressive on the Viper.

Gallery - 911 Turbo Cabriolet - All 911 Models - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG

Last edited: