Greenbrier Concours d'Elegance

Discussion in 'General Viper Discussion' started by MoparMap, Feb 7, 2018.

1. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA National President

Morning Viper Nation! After 25 years it appears the Viper is finally getting some of the respect it deserves! While many of us are more the "go" than the "show" type, there is no denying that a Viper is a beautiful car to look at, even sitting still. That being said, they are often not all that present at car shows and rarely seem to fit into any category well. That's changed this year at one of the most prestigious car shows in the country! The Greenbrier Concours d'Elegance has created a new Viper class for the inaugural show May 6-8th. Details can be found at the links below. Father Viper Roy Sjoberg himself is supposed to be in attendance!

https://www.greenbrierconcours.com/...t-the-inaugural-greenbrier-concours-delegance

https://www.greenbrierconcours.com/vipers.html

http://www.greenbrier.com/HomePage-...s-Room/2017/Concours-Green-Sheet-for-Web.aspx

2. ViperEnvy99

ViperEnvy99 Enthusiast

Thank you for posting! As you may notice, the links are woefully out dated. Updated information is being generated and I will post it as soon as I have it.

Additionally, the event coordinators have a less than stellar selection of cars. Roy is trying for (2) classes at this point - original & modified. Maybe 10 cars each across the 5 gens. As soon as more is known on requirements, I cwill post.

Lastly, there will be events with Roy, Dick, and Herb that are being organized. There is a Saturday Cars and Coffee event for all to attend. When the exact schedule is known, I can post. Events may start Thursday night of the 3rd and end Sunday night the 6th.

Stay tuned.....

3. MoparMap

Terrific! Thanks for the extra info! I noticed the dates were a bit old, but all the same it sounds like a very interesting event to attend. Looking forward to any extra news you can supply.

4. ViperEnvy99

ViperEnvy99 Enthusiast

Here is the updated Press Release. The schedule and car needs to be release shortly. Thank you for any and all help for Roy and his crew.

Schedule to be released shortly.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2018
  5. MoparMap

That's awesome! It would be great to hear the stories from the guys and gals that lived it themselves. Looking forward to more schedule info. I'm looking at the website now and not really seeing anything about the guys talking, but wasn't sure if that was just tied into other events going on like the President's Club stuff and whether the public can attend them or not.

6. Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy VCA Venom Member - Great Lakes

This sounds like a great opportunity for ALL Viper owners !!