Greetings from sunny, and smokey AZ

Noredline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Dave, I live in Scottsdale, AZ. Portions of which are on fire if you happened to catch it in the news. Anyway, I picked up my 2005 SRT/10 Viper on the 10th and am looking forward to getting behind the wheel again this weekend. I have to keep it at my buddies house as we only have a two car garage. Which is good because it would have way more than 360 miles that it does now. I am looking forward to unleashing mine and the vehicles potential. Honestly it is a little scary. Already have had my first mishap with it. Not anything I did though. On Sunday the 12th I was cruising along with my friend at about 100 or so in 4th gear and BOOM, rear diff went out. It sounded like a jake-brake on a big rig. Roadside got there in less than 30 minutes and the dealer got it back on the road 4 days later with a new diff. (yes, I am looking into the Quaife rebuild) Anyway, I love this car, I have wanted one for a "fun" car since they came out in the 90's. Finally, I have one. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Thanks,
Dave

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave.

Welcome.

I just drove through Scottsdale last week, on my way back from a vacation in Pinetop. (very nice time in a friends cabin in the pines.) I noticed it was 118º on the road. I can't imagine fighting a fire in those conditions.

Hope you enjoy your new SRT. Think you will find it cooler with the top up and the AC blowing than with the top down and that hot desert wind taking all the moisture out of your body. In case of emergency, you can use your side pipes to blow out any small fires alongside the road. (J/K)

Check in with Marv and Susan Spaz that run the fantastic AZ ViperClub. They have lots of activities in the Summer to beat the heat.

OP
OP
N

Noredline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Paul, Pinetop is a great place to beat the heat. I will look up Marv and Susan Spaz, thanks for the tip:)

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper family and to the Az. group. I just live south of you about 130mi. I know you will enjoy your SRT, they are sweet!! Learn the car before you "squeeze" it too much, they can be a real handfull! There is a tremendous amount of viper info. on this forum and a lot of fellas that are more than willing to help you any way they can. When in doubt, ASK :D

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Welcome Dave. We have our annual Cruise to the Pines in Payson coming up in August. It has become the best event of each year to discuss Viper items like mods, what works, what doesn't, etc. Deatils are at the link below.

Buyers of new Vipers get one year free membership - if you send in the info to VCA or call them at 800-998-1110

pm or e-mail me your contact info and I'll get you added to the AZ membership list and E-mail group.

Marv S.

OP
OP
N

Noredline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Marv, pm on the way. I will call the 800 number. Look forward to getting together with the group. I am already considering mods. Thinking about the Mopar Race exhaust, but one thing leads to another thing, and obviously many questions follow, etc.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noredline you in North Scottsdale? What color is your car I'll look for you. What dealer gave you the four-day turnaround?

OP
OP
N

Noredline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mornin everyone. Thanks for the welcomes.

PHXGTS, yes, I am up at Dynamite and Alma School. My car is black, check out my pics here;
http://www.pbuzz.com/showalbum.php?aid=2355&uuid=2213

You ever go to the Pavillions on Saturdays? I am going this week with my brother-in-law to check it out.

Ed Moses on FLW did a great job tracking down the diff and installing it. That's where I bought it too. Looks like you have some wicked mods, who did your work?

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You ever go to the Pavillions on Saturdays? I am going this week with my brother-in-law to check it out.

Looks like you have some wicked mods, who did your work?
I try to do everything myself but have to admit that Belangers installed their exhaust and Fat Albert put the differential in for me since I just was not in the mood to give it a try on jack-stands. I went to Pavilions a couple of weeks ago and ran into a White Mamba driven by a great guy named Warren who lives out by the Mayo Clinic. It is freaking hot to go this time of year so it might be awhile before going back - but with twin-turbo Casey from the Gen II board in town this week who knows.

blonzz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would love to meet at the Pavillions when it cools off.
It would be a blast to have a bunch of AZ Vipers in a row.
Nice photo op. :usa:

I would like to meet as well.

John

OP
OP
N

Noredline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like there are a few of us. I'm gonna go down tonight just to see, but not till 9ish when the heat is a bit more bearable. When it cools off, we definitely need to get together for some pix.

Anyone going on the Payson cruise in August?

I went and saw "ViperEddie" at Bill Luke today. What a cool guy, very knowledgeable. He is going to install my Unitrax and 3:55 for me. He is big in the VCA too. Goes to all of the Viperdays etc.

I love this car!!!!!