group buy on side louvers

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am putting together a group buy on the 92-00 side louvers They will go for $500 in primer and 625 painted if we can get enough interest,these are perfect fit 92-00 please email me with your interest ,color choice and email,Thanks.....Scott

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you want them primed they build concept cars for Chrystler and their paint matches perfect. Plus with the disign of them they are a bit of a ***** paint.

By the way I will take one set yellow

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is it about the '01 cars that won't work with them, anyway? I thought the doors/hood etc. were the same as '00's.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am putting together a group buy on the 92-00 side louvers They will go for $500 in primer and 625 painted if we can get enough interest,these are perfect fit 92-00 please email me with your interest ,color choice and email,Thanks.....Scott

Scott, can you post a picture? I am not sure what you are talking about. Paolo

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're talking about those side louvers that go in front of the door I'd love to get some. Is the retail price usually around $700 painted? Who is the manufacturer? Also, to anyone who already owns them, will these cause a problem with heat from the engine since now some of the area where heat should escape will now be blocked?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always wanted a set, but I have an '01. So am I out of luck?

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you are trying to say that the 6 louvers are preventing cool air from getting in and hot out and causing increase temp. conditions,then i would say look deeper for the culprit because that is not it,we have them on a lot of customers cars including some used for track events with no complaints or problems

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what I was told by one of well known Viper mechanic. It would make sense since you are partially blocking escaping hot air.

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not going to get into a debate on this issue,but for the sake of argument,try a self test.allow your car to run for a time to increase under hood temps. Now put your hand where the louvers would go,and where these fins would supposidly trap outgoing hot air, I think you will find your answer.there is no great escape there restricted or not.No flame on your well known mechanic,I also like to think i know a thing or two about these machines,And i am also a Viper certified Tech

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not going to get into a debate on this issue,but for the sake of argument,try a self test.allow your car to run for a time to increase under hood temps. Now put your hand where the louvers would go,and where these fins would supposidly trap outgoing hot air, I think you will find your answer.there is no great escape there restricted or not.No flame on your well known mechanic,I also like to think i know a thing or two about these machines,And i am also a Viper certified Tech

ElDiablo, I was thinking of getting these side louvers to actually scavenge hot air from the engine compartment. You cannot look at this in a static sense of less surface area minimizing hot air escape. Consider this; if the air coming over the car would pass across the louvers, then there would be positive pressure thereby scavenging/pulling the engine compartment hot air out. Whether or not air passes over the gills of the side louvers will determine whether or not it will pull out the hot air or not.

Scott, do the gills possibly come out past the edge of the hood as it arcs down? I have seen these once a long time ago, but I do not remember to what degree they stuck out. Paolo

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen them in person on a few cars and I must say they look awesome. I just stood there for awhile and looked at them, they really set the car off in my opinion. So I am getting some. I have a few pictures on my computer of them mounted on Vipers.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,
Could you post some of your pictures you have of the side gills. On blue and whites if you have any. I am very close to deciding on going for it.

KurtZ RT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a picture of yellow louvers

210MVC-007F-med.JPG

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, I just remembered that Wayne M. at Apex has these on his '01 ACR (the yellow Lethal 750 that was in C&D, Viper Magazine, etc.). So once again, what's the deal with the '01+ cars? Is there something different about them, and if so, I wonder how Wayne dealt with it?

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ronnie...
Hope all is well.

Scott...sorry to do this but let me get it thru my head...you have a set of louvers that will mount on an '01 GTS without any modifications to the doors or hood? All they need is paint and mounting? I was the guy that posted the inability of the MetalCrafters louvers to fit on my car(maybe my car is weird!)and they would not without some major modifications...any help is appreciated as I have always liked the look of these.

Thanks for your efforts Scott(and thanks for the gauge pod).

Clark

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem Clark as we had the same concerns,I also own a sapphire blue 01,we have 30 sets and spent all week prefitting to insure perfection before paint,I have a set on my 01 with perfect lines,no gaps, no mods.of course who knows maybe my car is weird.Anyway we are offering a 100% moneyback gaurantee just in case

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott,
3 questions please:

1.) Is there any possibility of any damage (crushing/scratching) to the louvers, hood, etc. when opening and closing the hood?

2.) Is there a step-by-step process on how to mount these side louvers?

3.) Different, but somewhat similar, topic: Are there any louvers designed for the top of the hood to match the side ones? The speaker covers on the 2001 GTS drive me crazy!

Thank you!

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The louvers come with very detailed illustrated instructions that i personally made , as the original instructions were very vague. If installed correctly no chance at all of damage.I will also be available via phone tech line to assist.As far as the "speaker covers"not as of yet

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can build yourself a balony sandwich then you can install these....

They are easy, easy....

One thing... do not over tighten the bolts when you install them... remember
the things are made of fibre glass and don't need too much to hold them on. :laugh:

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott,

3.) Different, but somewhat similar, topic: Are there any louvers designed for the top of the hood to match the side ones? The speaker covers on the 2001 GTS drive me crazy!

Metal Crafters also sells a louver for the Viper hood that covers the "speaker grills".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude