Group Purchase of Stowable Dodge Viper Hardtop

silverten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, It is time again to see if we can get a group discount on the 3 piece stowable hardtop from AP Engineering. I am one. Who else would like to get on a list? I know that AP Engineering would love to get a group of us on this list to buy his top not only to have but to help advertise for selling of more tops. Nothing beats word of mouth advertising. Well maybe actually driving my Viper around with the top on it! I hope he can help us poor Viper owners that cannot afford the over $3000 that it takes to get it painted and buy the $200 bags. So I am trying again. Lets see how many people we can get and see what kind of deal that AP Engineering will do for us Viper owners. Thanks

Chris Moore
Silver RT/10

OP
OP
S

silverten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has to be other people on this forum that are interested in getting this top?

Chris

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yah i'm sure their are but 3000 is a little steep for some, i just jumped and didnt think about it lol. i'll be happy i did though once i see it on my Viper. It will arrive around the 27-28 th , i'll be sure to post pics!
My hadtop is for sale in the classifieds if anyones intrested?

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also am a recent buyer, but I don't think that you will see a group buy discount. I don't think Jeff has the facilities to mass produce these to make it feasible to deep discount them.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, thanks for all of your interest in the top.

Right now is not the time for a group buy. As stated by Speedluvr, they are a difficult build and I am still several orders behind right now. However, I am starting to catch up and I am not opposed to the group idea. It may be possible to do this in about 6-8 weeks or so.

Five orders would be a good start to save a few hundred bucks. I'll have to figure out the max I can go.

Jeff

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The loss of head-room may be an issue for me too. How much do you lose relative to the stock hard-top? I've already got the seat lowered as far as it can be.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The loss of head-room may be an issue for me too. How much do you lose relative to the stock hard-top? I've already got the seat lowered as far as it can be.

The stowable top is almost identical to the headroom of the soft top.

Jeff

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If this is still a go, I will buy one.

What do I need to do to get in on this?

Regards

Tim

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted to say that I received my one piece, no scoop, top from Jeff.
Very nice, just what I wanted.
It makes the car look so much better.