Grundy insurance question

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Being that today is a Saturday, no one is working at Grundy. So, I thought I'd ask these questions on this forum to see if anyone knows the answers.

I have an online Grundy insurance proposal. The only thing that I don't understand is the Unisured/Underinsured "$20,000 combined single limit".

I have my (soon to be mine) Viper vauled at $60,000 on this policy proposal. But if the Uninsured/Underinsured limit is $20,000 does that mean $20,000 is the most I would get for a $60,000 policy, if an unisured or hit & run motorist hits me?

If so, how do I raise this limit? I did not see any option to raise it online.

Anyone know the answer to these questions?

Thanks.

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a good question, if you've got a stated value policy, I wonder what that means...

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That value is only for medical bills if I am not mistaken. You will get stated value for your car if totaled.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO. Underinsured is ONLY for personal injury. "Uninsured" means if you get hit by a hit and run driver and you break your arm , and they have no insurance, then your "uninsured /underinsured" would cover your loss for the injury only.

The insurance works like this ...

Property damage-- covers the damage YOU do to someone elses car/house/garage/boat or any other object YOU hit.

Liabilty -- covers any personal INJURY you would cause to a PERSON.

Unisured/underinsured -- covers any injury someone may do to YOU who has no insurance or very low limits of insurance

COLLISION/COMPREHENSIVE-- this is the ONLY part that covers your AUTO for loss or damage (minus deductable)

The above are facts since I am in the business.....

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To raise the " underinsured" you have to raise your " liability" portion. You cannot have higher unisured limits than liabilty limits.

REMEMBER that Liabiliy and underinsured is ONLY for INJURY to you or someone you hit...it has NOTHING to do with the value of your car.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once I did the Grundy quote online , you still have to fill out paperwork and send them back the completed documents and pictures of the vehicle. Then they still have to review the policy before saying it is active. Took around 4 weeks from start till insured when I went with them some years ago. Plus I had to have another insured vehicle for everybody in the house including myself, plus then i signed numerous other waivers such as vehicle will not be covered by anyone driving that is under 25 years old. Basically it was a pain in the ass and by the time you read all the fine print and i figured out basically you start the car in your garage and when you turn it off it better be at a car show or in the garage. No driving for errands, no work, no school.