GTS Viper Perfection?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I snapped some photos of a customer's car today. We fitted his Sapphire Blue GTS with a set of DPE Forged SP-16 wheels. These are 19x10 fronts (285 tire) and 20x12.5 rears (345 tire). Brushed centers with polished lip.

Car looks amazing to me. What do you guys think?

You must be registered for see images attach

If any of you are interested in a set of new wheels to enhance your own Viper (or any other car), feel free to contact me. I also offer free shipping for VCA members.

Thanks,
Tony :2tu:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wheels are perfect...mesh wheels defintely look best on the curvy Gen 2 cars. The car would be perfect with a silver stripe to match the wheels!

kenmo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for wheels/tires Nine Ball...great guy to work with!!

Stared at them for another hour tonight....truly amazed at the detail of these wheels. Celeste even likes them :)

AZMotorgod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent choice. These are now my new favorite wheels for the GTS.

If I was ever in the market for new wheels for my GTS I believe these would be it. Classy, elegant and only compliments the lines of the GTS, not take away from them.

Very well done.

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty darn close perfection! Looking for wheel ideas for my recent purchase (Yellow 2001 GTS), and those look awesome! I think the size combination is also spot on.:2tu:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wheels are too big for a Gen II. Looks "Rice" to me. Needs to show more rubber from the side view. My 2 cents.
Hey I got some 14" off my 69 Mach 1 if you are in the market for smaller wheels!:lmao:
That is the second best looking Viper I have ever seen
The first is in my garage
Sapphire all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a close-up pic of the spoke detail found on these wheels. DPE uses a 5-axis CNC machine to get those side-spoke pockets. Only a couple brands offer this type of look.

You must be registered for see images

PittsS2B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car looks great,and I like the wheel design, but 20's to me just look getto.

I was waiting for the rap stars covered in gold chains and teef to be posin' in the pics......

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those of you complaining about wheel size, I'm happy to make wheels as small as you wish. ;)

Nothing wrong with bringing an old generation car into modern times. Even the Gen 3/4 came with 19s stock, and the new ZR1 Corvette comes with 20s from the factory. We all know how that one doesn't perform well.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is super sweet. But since you're hanging a question mark on the post... This one is pretty nice too...

kenmo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can certainly relate to the "wheels too big" comments...took me a while to settle in to this look. All I know is THIS guy likes the look, and that's all that matters.

Rice??????

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the GTS looks the best with black powder coated rims with a chrome lip, like the one above. You just cannot beat the look!!! They look possessed.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the size of the wheels. But the wheels look horrrible. Might be the finish of them on the dark car.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great Tony and Kenmo! I personally like an 18/19 setup better on a gen II, otherwise the wheels look great! Kenmo, are you in Houston? If so come out to some of the local meets and drives sometime! :D

kenmo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great Tony and Kenmo! I personally like an 18/19 setup better on a gen II, otherwise the wheels look great! Kenmo, are you in Houston? If so come out to some of the local meets and drives sometime! :D

I'm up in Spring. Was that your SSG Viper I saw at Coffee and Cars last month?

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm up in Spring. Was that your SSG Viper I saw at Coffee and Cars last month?

Nope, that was Mike's with the black stripes (he lives in the Woodlands), mine is solid SSG. I drove my Silver GTS that day. The SSG was at C&C in January if you were there. I must have missed your car when I was there (it is getting really big these days!).

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric, Ken and I plan on attending tomorrow morning. I brought my Viper to the last two, might bring the 2010 Camaro tomorrow.

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and the new ZR1 Corvette comes with 20s from the factory.

The Viper GTS is supposed to be a throwback to the Cobra Daytona. The ZR1 is a new design.:D

Rice??????

As in rice burner. As in import. As in every second car you see here in Toronto in the summer.:crazy2:

Last edited:

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, I saw your car there last month but didn't see you in the sea of people. :) I'm out of town this weekend, so I have to catch up with ya'll for the April C&C, ya'll have fun!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is super sweet. But since you're hanging a question mark on the post... This one is pretty nice too...

Now this car rocks. The black one needs silver stripes and the wheels are a bit too big. Sure miss my GTS.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now this car rocks. The black one needs silver stripes and the wheels are a bit too big. Sure miss my GTS.

I think 20's in the rear look too big. I m running 19's all around and couldn't be happier.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang